Annoying Controller/Console Issue

For the last few days I've been having issues with my controller's or console. While playing NBA 2k14 my controller will just turn itself completely off. It's not the batteries since I've just charged them up. Anyway I thought it was just my Day One controller going bad so I switched to another controller. It seemed to stop for a little bit but it started again. It happens pretty often to. Since this issue has started I have tried doing a hard restart. Also I'm using the headset adapter if anyone needs to know. Has anyone have this happen to them? If so what did you have to do to fix it? 

Also the most recent time it has happened my game crashed and then restarted itself after turning my controller back on. I don't think it's the last controller update either. My Day One controller has the latest update and I haven't updated my other controller to the most recent firmware yet. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

This may seem stupid but have you tried re-binding the controller and using traditional AA batteries instead of recharges?  I had this same issue a few months back and by doing this it corrected the situation.  I found that the controller does not like generic recharge AA batteries.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I use the official plug n play. So it's not that.

Sorry this didn't help.

You may need to contact support and do an exchange.  Im beginning to think its a hardware issue

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you mean a full console exchange or a controller exchange? I actually have been thinking about asking for a replacement. Sometimes when I go into the settings app it just crashes back to the home screen after a few seconds. But I just assume it's a software issue. Also there's a slight ticking sound from the fan like it's hitting a wire or something.

Sorry this didn't help.

My setting app has also started crashing. Also, my guide button will no longer take me back to the home screen. It just started to happen today too. I hope it fixes itself. Would hate to send this thing in.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey this may seem silly but I had this happen to me repeatedly around launch. What I found out was happening is my kinect would lose sight of my controller when I had my legs up between the sensor and my controller, It would auto turn off to save batteries. Also I have found that rechargeable AA to cause a issue as well.

Sorry this didn't help.