Angry about the lack of the Skullgirls patch

Who do I go to, as a long time Xbox owner (actually have had a 360 since launch) when I feel whatever Microsoft policies slowing down a patch for one of my favorite games is a complete failure on their part.  Any fighting game of worth always needs at least 1 good patch after it comes out, at the very least to rebalance things after the community has had a go at the game as shipped.  But I'm sitting here, well after the PS3 has had a patch for the game, not getting the support I should on a game I purchased on day one.  Not because the developers didn't bother to make a patch (which does happen with a lot of games) but because Microsoft has policies in place that end up meaning I, the gamer, don't get the best experience.  As a paying member of Live for 5-6 years, I wonder who I bring this complaint to.  Cause if this sorta thing is effecting me now, how am I supposed to have faith that I won't have difficulty getting updates for anything except the big name, triple A games with the 720?  Why should I have to wait for money to be squeezed from developers when these policies probably effect the sales of the game, and mean I get less of a community as people are driven to play on the PS3 or wait on the PC release?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i second this question, been waiting patiently for too long and want to know where I need to let microsoft know that I really want the skullgirls patch. it sounded like they took the month of december off and are still dragging their feet almost two months since they got back so I'm assuming they think otherwise.

Should i wait to buy this game ? What is needed to be patched ? THANKS

you can buy the game, it's still fun. but there's a patch that's been made for the ps3 version that changes a lot of gameplay things. the problem is that the ps3 version is now the definitive version for competitions so you won't be playing the same game until the patch is out for xbox

Not sure what to tell you really. Noone on here can help you with this either, it's above our paygrades :P.

@HALLOWEEN PRANK: If you want the game and either don't have a PS3 or rather not wait on the PC version (still at least 4 months away), the Xbox version is still a lot of fun. It didn't need the matchmaking patch as badly as the PS3 did, but now you have a lot of players not wanting to get invested in the 360 version when they know they'll have to adjust to the changes when the patch comes out.  Also, after a crowdfunding drive starting next week, they'll work on a DLC character (hopefully a few if they raise enough) so the game still has some life in it yet.

@Judge Bergan: yeah, I figured there wasn't too much that could be done, but I was pretty frustrated about it the day I posted.  Hopefully the patch is finishing approval now, but it's not a process I have any inside information on.

I believe this Skullgirls patch is important. The delay in this patch has made me quite angry myself ps3 has had it for 3 months already. Shame mircosoft shame!

i feel the pain off everyone in here since i been a member of xbox live for over 10 years now. skullgirls is the only game i really play now days and i feel like xbox does care about loyalty but it does care about there bureaucracy. so this leave it up to us the skullgirls fan to bring it up to them in every social network we can get in. i for myself started with twitter

[quote user="x hiGhLy"]I believe this Skullgirls patch is important.[/quote]Then tell the devs to fork over the cash to make it happen? Maybe next time demand they build the game correctly the first time around?

The model that the 360 uses precludes regular patching. If it's going on a console it should be correct the first time, not iterated, unless arrangements have been made with MS ahead of time.

If you do not like this model, switch to a PC or PS3.

If you do not like the model kick and scream.  The bottom line is Skullgirls dev's want payed for their work,  I feel they could try to include more for their "patch".  Why don't they pen out something worth calling DLC pay the fee and post it up.  It's not the consumer's faults they can't work any faster.

They just has a kickstarter to create a new DLC character.