An Xbox LIVE Membership limitation does not allow you to use this feature. Madden 25

Hi, I have spent about 20 minutes on chat with Xbox customer support, and another hour and a half almost with over the phone support. I was told to contact EA the makers of Madden 25, but were of little use.

First, I am an XBOX Live Gold Subscriber, the lady from Xbox Support told me I had limitations on my subscription and was not allowed to use the Madden Share feature, even though I have an active Gold Subscription until October 2014!The guy on the phone said "Gold is Gold" and there are no limitations on your account.

Basically every time I try connecting to Madden Share I get the following message: An Xbox LIVE Membership limitation does not allow you to use this feature. I can still access  Online: Head to Head, Leaderboards, Play Call of Duty just fine (multiple versions).

So far this is all I have done at the request of Xbox: Clear cache, Re-download profile, Set member content to everyone, give my modem manufacturer model #, open up privacy settings, test connection and do a search myself for Madden Share issues. They turned me to EA.

EA had me do the following: unplug ethernet chord from modem, reset the time, plug chord back into modem and restart my 360. On top of that they asked me to delete my profile and re-download it again. Asked if EA was having issues with servers and the  guy stopped responding altogether from EA, waited nearly a half hour for a response and got nothing.

This was the digital version of Madden 25 and I purchased on 12/26 from my 360 console. Anyone have any similar situations or workaround to get it to work? 

I can't help but feel I was sold a broken product.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2,703 Applies to:

Xbox support sucks, period. Finally got ahold of someone I go to college with and they told me how to fix. Done with EA Games.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Dude, I had a similar issue on the One version of 25.  After getting no help from anyone, I did this:

1: go to your pc, go to xbox.com and sign into your acct.

2:Click on my acct in the top right, and look for SAFETY manage my privacy and online safety (will be in the center of screen)

3. Select your system

4: block everything and save your settings

5. do the same with your general privacy settings

6. Now re-select allow and save all settings again.

7. reset modem and try to access features in game again.

This worked wonders for me! Hope it helps

Sorry this didn't help.

That doesn't sound like an issue Xbox Live Support has any control over.  If I'm not mistaken, that's EA's age restriction imposed on their online servers.  Users between the age of 13 and 18 may encounter this message when trying to access online servers in EA games, or custom content.  EA Sports games in particular require the user to be 18.  This is regardless of your Xbox Live parental controls.  Personally, I don't think companies should be able to override parents, but it is what it is.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I was able to fix it by that method...but now that you mention it I also went onto my EA acct using my PC and filled in all of my acct info and changed my settings to public.  I have no further problems!

Its a simple fix imo.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Hunter1016

please be aware that this is an old thread (it's more then a few weeks old), please do not bring these back to life, especially when the problem was already fixed

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue with my Xbox one what is the customer service number?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, SuedCylinder460! You can reach your region's support by using our contact us page. If you need assistance with any other support issue, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.