An unused gamer tag that i would like

Alright so I want the gamer tag "Tait The Great" because my last name is Tait, and i would like to start a Youtube channel, but someone has taken that gamertag already, so I looked them up to see if i could ask if i could by it off them and it turns out the guy hasn't been online since 2007, so seeing as he hasn't been online in 6 years i was wondering if someone from Xbox support could remove the account or have his name changed so i could use it please! Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

have you tried customizing the name by either changing the i with an lower case L or the E with a 3??? try some things like that.

Just because his profile is inactive does not give anyone the right to change it or take it or disable it just cause another person wants it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

A user name can not be just removed or changed by Xbox Support.  It's up to you to be creative.  The Great Tait for example or an added number or letter. Tait the Great One... ETC...ETC....   Good Luck!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Endsies! Just want to add, that just because a profile isn't active on Xbox LIVE doesn't mean they aren't using that account for other services such as Xbox Music, X8, etc. Your best bet here is to try a variation of the GT you'd like as Listed and BongKaos have suggested! Hopefully you'll be able to find something you like just as well. :)

Sorry this didn't help.