An Ex RARE guy was right Microsoft.

It's not about owning the IPs

It's about having the right people who can make those games great.

343 made Halo 4 look good, but it lacked that Halo quality from Bungie that made it fun, and it just felt off.

same goes for the people in charge of the Xbox brand. They are horrible, and not true gaming fans that you had back in the day.

The Xbox brand, and it's games lack the right people in charge to make a great game console that's about great games. I don't want an all in one box if the games suffer because of it.

I'm not the only one who feels this way Microsoft. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

The people who work for the Xbox division of has no say in how developers make their games. Even with 343 owned by MS, it is still a different division.

I have no real complaints with Halo 4, actually it seems to be  like a combo of Halo 3 and Reach, so i think 343 did an excellent job on it.

The people in charge of the Xbox brand are not gamers, they are just corporate suits who only want to make as much money as possible.  Things started to go downhill as soon as Peter Moore and J Allard left.  Halo 4 was just overrated crap.  Expect the same stuff for the New Xbox.

I'm not talking about 3rd party developers. I'm talking about Microsoft's gaming division that the suits are in charge of.

That's your opinion. I hear and see more Halo fans have issues with 343's Halo effort, and you can see it in the XBL Top Ten ratings. Halo 4 doesn't have the appeal as past Bungie Halo games have had. 

It says something that Microsoft are thinking of renaming Rare because they've realised the name no-longer sells as people realise they're not the same developer they used to be and have been reduced to making Kinect Sports games.

No game suffered because of changes on Xbox or Xbox LIVE.

This is just a lie.

Games change too, just because YOU don´t like them, does not mean they are bad.

The human brain keeps focusing on the bad experiences.

You dislike the changes on the Xbox.

You dislike the changes of games.

Your automatically think it must be the fault of Xbox.

This is just silly.

@Mike -- That thread title is crying out for a comma, brother.

[quote user="HaloJolly"]

No game suffered because of changes on Xbox or Xbox LIVE.

This is just a lie.

Games change too, just because YOU don´t like them, does not mean they are bad.

The human brain keeps focusing on the bad experiences.

You dislike the changes on the Xbox.

You dislike the changes of games.

Your automatically think it must be the fault of Xbox.

This is just silly.

[/quote]

Sorry but paying £100 more to be able to play games which aren't exactly great isn't my idea of a good thing.

Especially when a developer previously was making titles that were kind of nice, sure not super great but good.

If Rare had been worked right it could have been Microsofts key studio but the way they're treating it is like a chew toy.

I wish people like the OP would stop spreading this filth throughout the internet. Anyone with a brain knows this is all bull ***

[quote user="hobblejp"]

If Rare had been worked right it could have been Microsofts key studio but the way they're treating it is like a chew toy.

[/quote]

How do you know MS didnt get exactly what they wanted out of Rare? Do you know how much money MS makes off of avatar crap each year? I am sure the profit margins are pretty good. Much better than the profit margin on several dozen video games. In the business world, that is called getting exactly what you wanted.