Ambassador Help

Ok, so I am new to this. On Tuesday I was able to access the ambassador sub-forum. I did not log on wednesday, and today i cannot access it. I also never received a friend request on messenger from the ambassador bot. My ambassadorship was granted on Tuesday. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Alright, if it's been 48 hours since you were accepted, add the bot manually using the account they tell you in your person email you were sent. it will accept within 72 hours. The sub-forum will be open to you, it's because your brand new. It'll take about 3 days or so to get all the kinks out and have everything ready to roll. Just be patient! Thanks for joining us! :)

Sources: Person Experience.

...hope this helps!...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, but i was able to access it on tuesday.....  Now the chat bot accepted me, but it thinks im a customer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Fan! Just to confirm, you never received a friend request from the bot, correct? There should be instructions in the Welcome email you received for how to manually add the bot as a friend. Check that out and let us know how it goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey oufan89,

please follow this guide, if the bot thinks your a customer and not an ambassador. This is a common problem and the guide should help. If it doesnt, please post again: forums.xbox.com/.../182135.aspx

Regards,

beMoD

Sorry this didn't help.

I cant access that because its in the ambassador forum that i do not have access to. The bot is now working though.....

Sorry this didn't help.

HTH!

Hello Ambassadors!

Many of you have reported experiencing the issue regarding being confused as a user when typing "a" without the quotes to your assigned Bot account. If this is you, please try the resolution steps below which have worked for most of our Ambassadors.

1) Please delete your assigned Bot (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) from your friends list and then re-add it. Then sign-out of Windows Live Messenger.

Format is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** where XX is 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, or 10.

2) Sign back into Windows Live Messenger, wait for 2 hours, open a chat window with your assigned Bot account and type "a" without the quotes to set your question delay settings. Please make sure you are appearing online to the bot contact.

If the above resolutions steps do not work, please try the following:

Ensure that msnmsgr.exe and wlcomm.exe is completely shut down:

1.  Open Task Manager (press the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys to bring up the task manager option).

2.  Go to the Processes tab and look for the msnmsgr.exe and wlcomm.exe programs.

3.  If they are running, right click on them and select End process.

Delete the Contacts Cache:

(note:  This folder will be re-created once you sign back in to Messenger)

1.  Click Start, click on Computer.

2.  Browse to the following  location: C:\Users\<Windows logon name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\Contacts

3.  Look for the folder which has your email address.  For example: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and delete it (right click, delete). Please note: Only delete the folder which has your email address associated to your Windows Live Messenger account.  If you delete other items in the Contacts folder, they can’t be recovered.

4.  Reboot your computer and sign back in to Messenger, but please make sure you only type “a” without the quotes after the 2-hour time period has passed.

Please note: In our experience, these resolution steps have a 50% success rate the first time you try it. If it doesn’t work the first time, you are encouraged to keep trying. Once you do, it should randomly start working and you should be able to set your question delay settings on your assigned bot. This has worked for other Ambassadors and we hope that it works for you too.

Again, our suggestion at this point is to keep trying from time to time when you are online, and eventually it *should* start working. Please make sure you type "a" without the quotes and nothing else from Windows Live Messenger (not the web).

Thanks for your patience and we apologize in advance for any inconvenience.

Please also see the following link for more trouble-shooting options with Windows Live Messenger: windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

The bot is working now, but i still cant access the ambassador sub-forum.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think  we need to wait until an "official" checks your access rights in the forums. I cannot help you with that problem i believe. Sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

Checking in! Hey again Fan. I see the Ambassador Badge on your account, which is the key to the sub-forum. Can you try clearing your browser's cookies and cache and trying to log back in, or even try a different browser? If you still have trouble, let me know exactly what error message you are seeing. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

It doesnt even show up on the list of sub fourms, and if i click a link to something in the ambassador sub forum, like the one that bemod posted, it just says:

"Ooops! What happened to this page?

We’ve moved some things around.

The page you are looking for may have a new location, or is no longer available. You might want to:

Start again from the homepage.

Check that you are using the website for your country or region."

Sorry this didn't help.