Amazon... No!!!!!

Who else has pre-ordered from Amazon and received this dreaded message?

We are writing to inform you that, due to a surge in demand that exceeded limited supply on Wednesday, November 20, we have had to replace your order of the "Xbox One: Day One Edition" with the similar "Xbox One: Standard Edition". We recognize that the standard edition doesn't include the commemorative controller or Xbox Live achievement, and exterior packaging will be different. You may experience a 1-3 day shipping delay. To compensate you for this change, we have taken $50 off your existing order which will be refunded to your payment method within 2-3 business days. 

To track your order, or if you would like to cancel or return your order based on this change, please visit the Contact Us page here: https://www.amazon.com/contactus 

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/363/ohr3.png

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I had and order for 2 games and a controller from them that I had to cancel today because I noticed they changed my shipment date without notification. So I instead picked up my extra controller tonight and will instead have to download forza 5 and ryse tomorrow when my xbox arrives

Well its better then no Xbox at all! I'd take it anyway:-)

Well, to be honest, I would rather accept the $50.00 reduction in price than have a "Day One" sticker and achievement.

I'd rather have the $50 tbh, almost free game!

Guess I'm weird, I'd rather have the day one stuff...  Sorry that happened OP.

[quote user="Sevendust1981"]

Guess I'm weird, I'd rather have the day one stuff...  Sorry that happened OP.

[/quote]

You're not weird. It all comes down to preference. A lot of people want the Day One edition for collecting purposes. There's nothing wrong with that.

My order shipped with no issue. Wonder how they decided who got what units?? I just saw an unboxing and I was hoping the actual xbox will have day one logo too. I will be happy with the 50 bucks but not with the delay

They switched out my Day One controller for a standard one and didn't give me crap, so at least you got something there.  I can see both sides, maybe in the long run having the Day One box would be better, considering the overall quality of launch games.

Hey that's the risk taken when it is limited supply first come first serve. I'm sure they took more day one pre orders on then they meant too. Of course by accident right.

Think of this at least they did not just cancel it.

Ha- I wish this would happen to me. I'd take the money for a game, play and charge kit or controller.

Talking about a blessing in disguise here.