Am I using the headset adapter wrong?

I'm using the Steelseries h wireless headset. Controller is updated but when I plug in the adapter I can't hear voice chat at all. Still can game sounds just no chat. I remove the adapter and voice chat comes back but of course no one can hear me. Any suggestions? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 107 Applies to:

Are you connecting to the adapter with a cord? You said your headset is wireless. I have the limited edition MW3 TB headset and I have to use the talk-back cable to connect my headset with the adapter. It took me a little while to get it set up right.On the adapter there is a button on the left with a head on it, this controls the chat volume when you press it the chat volume increases and the game sound decreases.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I plug the wire into the adapter and then all voice chat goes out. I can still hear game audio

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried turning the chat volume up as I described above? If that fails check out this link it will answer all your questions related to your adapter.

Sorry this didn't help.

Am I supposed to hear a beep when I do that. Mute button turn yellow but no beeping. I hear a beep on the headset that comes with the console. That's why I'm wondering if mine is broken.

Sorry this didn't help.

The beep usually means that the volume for whatever feature be it game or chat is maxed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just a question regarding the chat feature. Will we One owners need to always use this chat adapter.? I also have the SteelSeries H Wireless headset and am wondering if Microsoft will enable chat via the USB ports on the console so we don't have to use this (foolish) chat adapter. Thanks, and Please advise.

Sorry this didn't help.

Macon are you able to use the adapter?  I can't hear any chat at all with it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I haven't bought it yet i was hoping that Microsoft would have enabled chat over usb like everyone else.. i guess i may pick it up tomorrow..

Sorry this didn't help.

Guys, I have the Steelseries H Wireless and I think it's awesome!  Here's how I have it set up, hope it works for u guys.  THE BASE HOOKUP:  Optical cable to Optical on Xbox, Power usb cable on Base to usb on back of Xbox, will leave your base always on to always charge your batteries.  MAKE SURE YOU MAKE YOUR OWN PROFILE!  I have mine named Xbox One...MAKE YOUR OWN CUSTOM EQ SETTING!  A lot of reviews I read said they had a problem with the volume.  My volume sounds awesome!  TURN ON DOLBY IN BASE SETTINGS!  The difference in sound is like night and day!

XBOX ONE SETTINGS:  Go to settings and then sound and change the settings to BITSTREAM & DOLBY.

XBOX ONE ADAPTER:  Raise the game & chat volume all the way up, make sure the chat volume is all the way up on the Steelseries Base as well.  Then all you use is headset volume after that.

These things has helped me and my chat has worked since day1 of my headset purchase.  I don't really use the chat mix because I feel I don't need it...IT JUST SOUNDS PERFECT FOR ME!  I hope this works out for you guys because this is an awesome headset...I've had prior to these the Turtle Beach COD Tango Wireless and the Steelseries blows the Tangos outta the water!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

This may be a bit off topic, but does anyone know if you can use two headsets via two controllers w chat adapters at the same time on the same xbox one console? I've been asking Microsoft and turtle beach and searching forums everywhere, but no answers...

Sorry this didn't help.