Am I the only one?

Just a curious question. When I play games I really don't pay attention to my achievements or K/D ratio or most of the time what level I'm at. I just play literally for the fun of the game I'm in at the time. I only ask because on cod ghost I really don't have the best K/D ratio and these two guys were saying how I must be crap because of it. Not that I care what people say. I'm old enough to not be hurt by sticks and stones! Now I'm not great but I'm not bad. Sometimes I go really well and sometimes, well not so good but hey I'm just on to have a bit of fun and to some people it seems as though it's a true life or death situation. I don't even care about achievements. Hence my gamer score. But I'm just wandering if any one just plays to have a good blast in front of the tv or has every one turned into a competition junkie?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You're certainly not alone, many of us play for the enjoyment, you'll always get the ones that will insult and taunt, block them and move on, or file a complaint if it's warranted.

Wait. Jerks are playing Call of Duty?

When did this happen? :)

Ah I don't really care man. I just laugh at them. I actually find it entertaining in a way. I'm just seeing how others feel bout it. Besides I'm sick of reading the same threads about resolution, power or comparisons with the ps4. You know have an actual proper conversation about something other than complaints. Just curious if people play for fun or if it's all about winning. Cause seriously I lose some games but I still had a great time with it.

hopefully  as the X1 improves, so will the smart match system. until then just ignore the griefers.

I know it's a contradiction to what I said but I do play serious as well. If my team are going for an objective in bf4 conquest then hey I'm all in for that. But as long as still fun. I've heard people abuse others because they died to many times in a match and I tell them off for that cause it may be his first to at it or they just might not be that great at the game but unfortunately the don't run noob servers and I guarantee you that if they did, there would be high ranked people so would go in there just for some easy kills.

[quote user="DuFFuL"]

I know it's a contradiction to what I said but I do play serious as well. If my team are going for an objective in bf4 conquest then hey I'm all in for that. But as long as still fun. I've heard people abuse others because they died to many times in a match and I tell them off for that cause it may be his first to at it or they just might not be that great at the game but unfortunately the don't run noob servers and I guarantee you that if they did, there would be high ranked people so would go in there just for some easy kills.

[/quote]

I agree with you i play for fun and i play conquest i play the objective but if its obvious its not my teams intention to actually play the game mode then ill have some fun....usually with my EOD bot,

People under 21 only care us adult gamers don't care I admit I use to care 8 years ago

[quote user="IronKoBe"]

People under 21 only care us adult gamers don't care I admit I use to care 8 years ago

[/quote]

Can you prove that? I am a 28 year old gamer and Achievements are always what I go for in games. I am not as worried about K/D as I know I suck. Please don't make blanket statements when they are not true. It makes you look dumb.

I remember on particular time I was on operation locker. It ended up being me against 5 other guys as my whole team quit because we were getting our butts kicked. They ended up winning of coarse. Even after a few people joined the game and the teams evened out a bit. But that 10 mins where it was just me against 5 was some of the most fun I have had. Sneaking around quietly it was more intense than and 64 player match I've been on. They killed me heaps but I held my own against them. I got a few good comments after that match lol. Like I said. I lost but wow what a game that was.

Oooh. Somebody got into the Sugar.

To answer your initial post, you are not alone. Look at this Gamerscore. That's 7 year's worth mate. Achievements and KD is not why I play games. I play games for fun. If I didn't play games for fun I wouldn't buy Call of Duty or Battlefield because I die a LOT. With the exception of FIFA Clubs mode, I'm not actually a brilliant player at ANY games. I'm average to good at nearly all games. I have my clutch moments from time to time, and I can pull off that amazing shot for the final killcam, but I am far from pro, and I'm okay with it. It's meant to be for fun, and I always have fun.