Am I the only one that thinks both will fail?

I"ve been a console gamer for over 30yrs starting with the 2600 a birthday gift when i was 6yo in 81' so i've seen a lot of changes over the years

I'm not exicted for either console nobody i talk to friends/gaming buddys/work friends has plans to buy either console?

I've never been a fanboy of any one console i followed the games. after all nobody want's to buy a drill what you want is a hole in the wall

both systems look like more of the same really we needed two more consoles for more FPS or 3rd person action 'hit x 3 times for a combo' games?

killer instinct? i have the full size arcade game sitting in my garage. really need to be on the x1 & not the 360?

honestly i would have perfered a "super" 360 with a bluray drive bit more ram? backward compatable & rock solid realiblty for $199-$299

quick question why is it the most unrealible console almost always wins? nes 72 pin / ps1-ps2 crap lasers / 360 RROD weird?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Neither will fail as everyone has been waiting a long time for a successor to the 360 & PS3.

Long overdue for a new console. Both systems will do quite well. MS will lock down the NA and UK with Sony leading every where else. Both brands will have plenty to offer gamers. I think MS has a bit more to offer outside of gaming though and those features are what won my money... and Titanfall, DR3, and Ryse :)  

Why get a bit more ram? Why do people think ram makes everything better?

I don't think either will fail.

Gaming in my opinion is just so popular these days and people always want the newest toys that come out regardless of anything else.

Where I live all the main high street shops that will sell the consoles have said the demand for both is incredible and expect them to sell very fast!

Even the people I know either from the real world or from online ( that game today ) all apart from one are either getting Xbox One, PS4 or both on release. The only person holding back still says they will get one or the other but want to wait a month or two after both are released to see what the feedback is for games, online service etc.

Like I said I believe both over the coming years will be incredibly popular.

Hey op, they won because they where cheaper? Or had better games? Or both.

@Lofty, Not a single person I work with owns a console :) , Also, That big consumer market out there does't care what they get as long as it's new and shiny. In short, next gen (this year) is going to be huge

[quote user="RedEye Expr3ss"]

Hey op, they won because they where cheaper? Or had better games? Or both.

@Lofty, Not a single person I work with owns a console :) , Also, That big consumer market out there does't care what they get as long as it's new and shiny. In short, next gen (this year) is going to be huge

[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, not everyone I know plays games/consoles lol. I just meant the people that I know that do game, all but one are getting a one/both on release.

All my real friends who are gamers are looking at steam, I'm surprised but only one of my friends who's a gamer actually likes consoles. IDK, you might be right and I might be just thinking of myself but the only real console gamers I know are here or on other gaming forums. But let's face it, we may not really no one another but there's an awful lot of us :) Frankly, i'm looking forward to success

i think both will be great, the x1 will not sale as many from out of the gate, but once people see what the x1 can do then the x1 will sale either the same or better than sony.  the way i see it is this everyone wants the new tech, no mater what it is, you see this with phones, and pc's so of course they will both do well, the ones waiting from the 360 for the next xbox and the ones with a ps3 looking to the next playstation.  

I also think both consoles will be very successful.  Slapping more ram on the 360 isn't gonna do much it is due for a graphics upgrade....the card is very old in it and it's amazing what they have done with it.  I have a cpl friends that are very upset they can't afford to make the switch at launch but are planning to get it right after Christmas with tax returns.  

Yes

(in answer to your thread title)