Am I about to get suspended/banned?

Hey everyone, recently I've been doing pretty well in COD MW3, enough to where people are sending me threatening and harassing messages. My Rep percentage is way down to 38% preferred and 62% avoided, they complain I have a modded controller  which I most certainly do not (I know I can't prove I don't) and that I mod and cheat which in itself is an insult to me. I really don't want to be banned for something that I will never do. Side note, one player said he has my IP address and I belong to him haha. Please help, thanks in advance.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Bad rep wont get you banned

[quote user="thatguy1807"]

Hey everyone, recently I've been doing pretty well in COD MW3, enough to where people are sending me threatening and harassing messages. My Rep percentage is way down to 38% preferred and 62% avoided, they complain I have a modded controller  which I most certainly do not (I know I can't prove I don't) and that I mod and cheat which in itself is an insult to me. I really don't want to be banned for something that I will never do. Side note, one player said he has my IP address and I belong to him haha. Please help, thanks in advance.

[/quote]Just to add to the previous post, don't forget to file complaints against anyone that sends you nasty messages or insults you via the in-game chat, then block all communications with them via their profiles.

Rep means nothing, i was very good at Dead or Alive 4 and have a 63% avoid rate for unsporting conduct (beating them), so don't worry about it, if you have done no wrong nothing will happen to you...

Nothing will happen.

Thanks everyone, I guess they're just jealous haha. Most of my feedback is for unsporting conduct so I guess that means beating them.

Yeah, don't listen to those sore losers. You won't get banned for something you don't do. That's what the investigation process is for. Just block and report those players.

I HATE to point this out, but YES, you ARE playing with a modified Xbox on Xbox Live, which IS a violation of the ToS. You admit to this modification in your own bio, and this is directly taken from your profile:

""The only addon I have personally done to my console is watercool it and put it in a Lian-Li XB-01 case. Please before you send me a message be mature and think about my disclaimer, I also file complaints for threating messages""

Technically, adding water cooling and changing the case DOES violate the ToS for Xbox Live.

If replacing the analogue stick in your controller is considered system tampering then adding water cooling to your console most certainly is.

I purpose of it was to prevent red rings, it was a preventative add-on.

but unless it was a microsoft approved "Add-on" then it is still modding the console. Does not mater the reason why you did it or not. And i have never heard of any official water cooling add on device licensed by MS.

Well, As i look at it, modifying your Xbox to run a little cooler with a water cooled mod is more of a personal liability issue.  Your warranty is void.  But i dunno how it would be considered a mod that would be worthy of banning.  I know that mine runs hot. Its natural. I didn't do any physical mods to the system but i did mod a mini fridge for my buddy and put his  xbox inside of it while it runs and cut one hole in the back the size of the xbox and put it in there. it runs super cool but i didn't physically alter my buddies xbox at all.  IS this wrong? its not physically modified at all? and what about the MAD catz controllers or even game stop brand controllers.  ofter they have turbos, or quick fire mods.  which is a violation of the tos but its a third party mod. which makes it legal since they do have a contract with MS...

I dunno the way i look at it there are two entities to look at....MODS and HACKS....MODS, if you can Physically alter your equipment, such as water cooling, or even changing out the mechanics of a controller such as adding springs to your trigger or even adding length to your buttons or adding a rapid fire option, this is a grey area, believe me i have played against those people who play with rapid fire, and its a crock of poop some times. but they physically modded the controller, and really how would MS prove this? are they going to go to the trouble of going to that persons house, and saying let us see your controller?  NO.  

HACKING. ok here is something i have problem with... Lets hack the system so that your able to spawn faster, or that your in "God MODE'' or like in BF3, your able to spawn in a helicopter every time you respawn, i have seen this! i was in a hellicopter and the guy on the other team spawned in the helicopter with me as a gunner, and was able to only kill my guys and me theirs but it put us into a weird place cause we couldn't kill or be killed...was that glitch? nope cause we where in the heli together he bragged it was a hack ...now really, this is the problem...

I could care less if some guy has to physically change their controller, cause if you really have to add extra buttons to help you, its similar to getting glasses to see better.  but Hacking the programming, thats like saying " hey i am fat, so i am going to rewrite my dna so that i am skinny, oh and while i am at it i am going to write it so i could fly, oh and i am going to become invincible too." you see one is more evil than the other. i would rather deal with a modder than a hacker any day. cause at least with a modder its something i could do if i wanted to be an equal, just like anyone else could do if they wanted.  but with a hacker, i am instantly trying to fight with God, and their is no way i could be their equal.