Am I a 'HARDCORE GAMER'? and some thoughts about Xbox One

I begrudgingly class myself as a hardcoregamer, - i don't like the term as people seem to throw it around too easily.

I've had and played games consoles since i was a child, starting with the Sega Mastersystem (I was born in 1986), I got the original Xbox at launch after persuading my parents to buy it as a late christmas present and agreed to get less on christmas day as it came out in March in the UK, I bought the Premium 360 at launch, the elite at launch and the 360s at launch even Kinect at launch, now i'm waiting to get the Xbox One at launch. I play games on the hardest setting for the most challenge and to get the true sense of achievement, Call of Duty on Veteran, Halo on Legendary etc. I've spent over 300 hours in the world of Skyrim. I'm near the 100,000 gamerscore mark.

People say "I'm getting a PS4 as i'm a hardcore gamer and i just care about games"

But i say "I'm a gamer and im getting a Xbox One and I'd be disappointed if Microsoft only concentrated on games"

Am I a Hardcore gamer? I don't know.. Maybe.. I would be lost without a games console in my life.

But i do believe I am part of Microsofts Core audience and I have friends who are the same. Console raw performance, online policies etc, etc don't make a difference to me (otherwise I'd have a gaming PC). Its the games and the non gaming things that you can also do as a bonus that made Xbox so attractive to me. Price, yeah it does seem steep but I've paid just as much for a smartphone and surely hardcore gamers don't care about price.

So, am i a 'hardcore gamer'? If so I'm confused by all the hate from so called hardcore gamers against Xbox One

Comments, criticism and opinions are welcome (just be civil)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

We are all hardcore gamers here.People who care enough about gaming to visit websites  and read about games, post on forum boards are hardcore.An elite gamer plays 1 or 2 games and specializes in them to enter tournaments.A casual gamer will casually click the download now button on a game while theyre looking at their friends facebook page .

Is this conversation still happening?

<-- is this hardcore enough?

[quote user="BizarroMantis"]It could be the completionists, the competitors, the basement dwellers, the collectors, old-schoolers. It just doesn't matter.[/quote]

So, we're stereotyping now? Way to go... ;P

No offense but so what?  Ask 1000 people the definition of 'hardcore gamer" and you'll get 1000 different answers.  It could be the completionists, the competitors, the basement dwellers, the collectors, old-schoolers.  It just doesn't matter.  MS wants to cater to everyone because it's more money in their pocket.

I think a lot of people who claim to be hardcore gamers aren't and a lot who say they aren't are in my opinion

I think its just PR speak to make people feel special like when games companies say 'we are aiming for the hardcore gamers'

I would take a hardcore gamer as someone who

-

A. Plays all the consoles without care or bias

-

B. Enjoys all genres of games

-

C. Doesn't get into all these stupid piddly arguments like we do here.

Because only a very, very few people will financially benefit from being a "hardcore gamer".  It's recreational.  It's like someone saying they are a Hardcore TV Watcher.  Is that to be proud of?  Well...not really.  It's a recreational thing.  It's not going to bring you fame, fortune, better your life.  

The term doesn't have a solid definition.  When I hear the term I think of someone that spends too much time gaming and that probably a lot of other parts of his/her life are lacking because of it.  

[quote user="RippenHarra"]

Yeah I'm rarely bothered by "that type " of gamer these days as I'm usually locked in party chat with friends. I still get the guy that gets a good run and had to send me a voice message "UMAD ?" Well actually No , Knob!

[/quote]

I know what you mean :D

The other message that pop up is "message to any recent players, if you wanna join the clan……" 

Damn it´s annoying….