Always something going wrong

Right, yeah, me again, same issue. My Slim's drive is failing and it's not even 18 months old. It just did it with Tekken Tag 2 where the drive stopped spinning and sounded like it was struggling to spin up (but game is installed so it kept playing), strangely my 20GB from years ago did exactly the same thing. I refuse to pay more money to a company that can't ensure their product lives for more than a year (2 consoles, both failed round the same point in exactly the same fashion, which tells me the slims are just as bad as the old premium consoles). So, what can I do man, out of warranty console and a failing drive, how can I fix it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Try installing your games from now on, this will cause the system too be able to play off the memory saved onto your hdd and not need to spin the disk anymore. Once you have installed the disk to your hdd it will only spin upon start up.

It is always a good idea to install the content of your favorite most used games, as playing long sessions without this will excel  your drives deterioration.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

And yet the PS2 can go a whole day without issues, and they call it progress

Don't see many stories of the PS3 or Wii's drives failing.

Thing is, it can sometimes fail before the game has even started even if it's installed

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="epic FUZZ"]And yet the PS2 can go a whole day without issues[/quote]The PS2 doesn't try to spin DVDs at 12x for hours at a time.[quote]Don't see many stories of the PS3 or Wii's drives failing.[/quote]For the same reason. Neither attempts to run at high rates of speed for hours at a time.

After RRoD, DVD drives are the next weak point on the 360 console. This is why you should always install games before playing them. Always. The 4GB no-HDD consoles are for casual gamers who play for a few hours at a clip, a few times a month.

Sorry this didn't help.

You know what I'm done with Microsoft. No other console has given me grief. No other console has failed to last a full year without problems. The supposedly 'reliable' Slim doesn't even work properly. Hopeless waste of a company, time and money, shoving ads down your throat despite paying for a service (and hey can't get their machines to even work). This is the first and last console of theirs I will ever buy. And if it's because of the 12x read speed common sense says either don't make it go so fast or if that's unavoidable you best make sure he drive can do the job without killing itself especially if you're charging hundreds for it when you have no exclusives and every other game is a shooter and you're ripping people off at every turn with LIVE

Thanks. For nothing Microsoft. We're done. Good job

Sorry this didn't help.

Man this [Mod Removed] xbox live thing is taken time away from the money I paid I better be getting reimbursed for that [Mod Removed]

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there DallasTexas1214!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.

Sorry this didn't help.