Always asked for a default save device?

Every time I launch a game I get a screen saying I have not selected a default save device. HD or Cloud. I always select the HD but every time I launch a game it asks me what my default is. How do I stop this from happening?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

you cant, whenever there is 2 or more options to load/save it will always ask, for me I have 3 choices, cloud, internal 4gb memory and 250 gig HD.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well the issue is that it's not asking for the "default" but rather which device you want to use.  Let's say a friend comes over and wants to load his file he saved on the cloud.  If it didn't ask, he would never be able to load this as the console defaulted to the HDD, which the save is not located on, and thus it would be a real hassle for anyone trying to access things if they have multiple storage devices.

-

I know for you personally that's probably a bit annoying especially if you don't fit in this scenario where a friend might try to access a save from your console, but Microsoft has to make sure the console as a whole caters to all the needs of gamers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.