Alt MAC address limitations?

I am  forced to use an alt MAC address when using a hotel WiFi, it allows me access to the internet. HOWEVER, i can not engage in any online gameing sessions, any attempts in doing so produces a messgae " You need an Xbox Live account to use this function". I have an xbox live account and I am currently signed in. I have no issues with watching Youtube, Netflix or downloading updates and games. I have tried bridging a connection through my laptop, it does allow me full acess, however the connection is grossly unstable and drops constantly. Is this purposefully intended, or some software glitch? Is there any recommended apps or downloads to correct this unusual behavior of the alt MAC address function?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

Have you tried using the wifi with your consoles default MAC Address. As in set your computers MAC to match your consoles default> Sign in to wifi> change it back> Turn on your console>

I don't think it would make a difference but it would prove the problem isn't your MAC address. Maybe the hotel has a super duper ultra strict NAT type.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.