All those people who have been looking for Call of Duty to make a big change

West and Zampella have made the Call of Duty sequel you have all been waiting for.  It releases March 11th.  Call of Duty Future Warfare: Titanfall.  

• Gun play is smooth and easy like a typical Modern Warfare COD.  
  • The parkour adds an element that will offer a ton of variety to the usual 3 rush routes.  
  • The titans are balanced against pilots and other titans.  
  • They even throw in bots to make it even more action packed.  Maps this big are too slow paced for 6 on 6, so the bots keep the action hot.  They are easy kills which will allow players of all levels to jump in and enjoy themselves.  No one will have a negative k/d anymore.
  • Burn cards will add that random reward everyone enjoys getting.
  • As of now it looks like we get the tried and true rank up system...I'm sure they have added to it.  
  • I really hope they go back to like it was in COD4 and remove lobby leaderboards.  This leads to people playing objectively and forgetting about k/d.  Everyone is going to have a 5+ KD anyways.
  • Call of Duty smoothness and gunplay + Halo map feel + mirrors edge parkour + BF tanks (titans) = pretty satisfying/addicting game.    This isn't going to kill COD, but it will give us that FPS game we need when COD gets flat after 3 months.  A mix of COD, BF, Titanfall, SW;Battlefront, Halo, ect will give us our fill of FPS.  Mix that in with all the great Single player games in the works and we are looking pretty good for the next few years.  We are blessed.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I still can't be hyped for this, I guess I'm tried of playing the same FPS in a new skin

From what I have experienced in the beta, I love this game. I wasn't sure about Al being in the game, but even though they are stupid, they sure do have their uses as camping deterrents - one team can camp, but the other will just go around killing bots and getting their Titans quicker. I hope Respawn bring out a gamemode with no bots though with smaller maps of course. 

It will be better if you go in with low expectations like I did.

I think they will have a game mode on smaller maps with no bots or titans.  It might be patched in later, but I assume they will make it happen.

I honestly think it reminds me more of Tribes, Warframe, & Cod blend. The arcade fast paced action will still make COD players feel at home, but other than that to say the two games are similar at all are just wrong.

I think the graphics could be a bit better and the maps could be bigger, but if you want to know the truth I think the Xbox1 is holding this game back. The lack of building destruction, larger maps, more players, etc are all because the xbox couldn't handle the frame rate at a reasonable resolution.

With that being said I still absolutely love the game and have played the beta on both X1 and PC. As a shooter I see it holding my interest over anything else for quite some time.

For 1.) COD does get old with the new "skins" year after year (read above where I said this game is not just a COD reskin).

2.) Battlefield could have been great, but it was bugged to all hell. On x1, PC, and even PS4. I wasted my money on all the platforms hoping for a better experience. The only thing I like about the PC version is the dedicated servers.

But all in all I'm still hyped about this game and I really enjoy it. There's just a lot to account for and it just feels balanced.

The engine and game design are the reasons for those things not being in Titanfall. Nothing to do with the X1.

Oh good, another Titanfall thread...

Don't get me wrong, I'm as excited as the next guy but a bit of variety on this forum would go down a treat. Anything that isn't Titanfall, Kinect and graphics.

It's growing on me...

As much as I love the game, I think it's completely stupid to even consider the bots into K/D or say that nobody will have a negative KD anymore.. ofc they will against the pilots that actually matter :P

I also don't see them as "easy for everyone to enjoy", I more so see their purpose in a MOBA-creep like build time booster and as a secondary to fill up the maps abit.

Regarding the "xbox can't handle it" arguments, it's some of the silliest stuff I've heard. So BF4 can do 64 players with huge maps and destructible environments while looking amazing on the Xbox One, but suddenly these maps that are probably about the size of the smallest BF maps are too big and 6v6+AI is too much. Especially when the game isnt hosted on anyones machine, they could replace AI with real players at no performance loss. These are simply gameplay balance decision, stop making stuff up.

[quote user="CODukes4"]

West and Zampella have made the Call of Duty sequel you have all been waiting for.  It releases March 11th.  Call of Duty Future Warfare: Titanfall.  

• Gun play is smooth and easy like a typical Modern Warfare COD.  
  • The parkour adds an element that will offer a ton of variety to the usual 3 rush routes.  
  • The titans are balanced against pilots and other titans.  
  • They even throw in bots to make it even more action packed.  Maps this big are too slow paced for 6 on 6, so the bots keep the action hot.  They are easy kills which will allow players of all levels to jump in and enjoy themselves.  No one will have a negative k/d anymore.
  • Burn cards will add that random reward everyone enjoys getting.
  • As of now it looks like we get the tried and true rank up system...I'm sure they have added to it.  
  • I really hope they go back to like it was in COD4 and remove lobby leaderboards.  This leads to people playing objectively and forgetting about k/d.  Everyone is going to have a 5+ KD anyways.
  • Call of Duty smoothness and gunplay + Halo map feel + mirrors edge parkour + BF tanks (titans) = pretty satisfying/addicting game.    This isn't going to kill COD, but it will give us that FPS game we need when COD gets flat after 3 months.  A mix of COD, BF, Titanfall, SW;Battlefront, Halo, ect will give us our fill of FPS.  Mix that in with all the great Single player games in the works and we are looking pretty good for the next few years.  We are blessed.
[/quote]Oh c'mon man. You can't be serious. This game is not anything cod nor will it be a cod killer. Sorry cod dukes but I hate to burst your bubble of joy and this is the new cod, the real cod. This game will not appeal to the cod enthusiasts but will be something nice to play when cod is in its yearly down time between the old and new release. . It's a cute game but will it last and have high replay value?

If EA have anything to do with it, there will be at least 4 DLC packs with maps and modes, and new weapons and titans to be released over the next year. So yes, I think it will have a lasting appeal.