All saved games gone

Just decided to go play some Dead Rising, only to find that my saved data is all gone, and it's the same for every game. In fact, the Xbox won't even let me play Fifa or Assassins Creed, as it won't even let me get past the start menus.

If a Microsoft employee fails to solve this problem I will sue for everything I can, and advise many of my friends to not buy the Xbox One.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 46 Applies to:

I'll second this issue. We have four profiles on our xbox, and four games, and we have lost all of our single player game saves. The teenagers and myself are peeved, but you should try consoling a 9 year old who has lost all his progress on lego marvel superheroes! Microsoft support after 2 hours of trying things now say to wait 24 hours and see if it fixes itself.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you all tried to remove your profile and then put it back? it may be worth a shot.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, and thanks for the input. Unfortunately, have just tried this with one of the profiles, and it doesn't work. For the record the four games we have lost data for are NFS Rivals, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Fifa14, and CoD Ghosts. After researching the issues, contacting Microsoft and generally trying various things, I think I'm about to try a factory reset.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, have managed to fix this with a factory settings reset. After going through the initial set-up for the console, re-adding the four profiles, setting up the family, and re-installing all the games and apps, I'm eventually back to where I was before it all went pear shaped.

For info for anyone else, all the single player game saves appear to be held in the cloud, and have re-sync'd with each profile as each game is loaded.

It would really help if there was some way of backing up the xbox set-up, to save this procedure. I dread this happening after a couple of years and quite a few more games/apps installed!!! It would also help if Microsoft was also able to answer this issue. Two support agents, over 3 hours and I still had to figure it out myself.

Sorry this didn't help.