All Previous Xbox Titles for download on one.

So I have been thinkg lately and was wondering if im the only one. Who would be extremely happy and willing to pay, if Xbox made all previouse titles from Xbox original on, available for digital download and to be able to play them online once again, but without having to maintain an old console. I don't know just been thinking about how much fun I had on games such as; unreal championship 1 and 2, black, starwars knights, and so many others. I know I could just find the original xbox for sale on ebay buy it and the games and have my wish. Just thought It would be nice to have all the old amazing titles available for the one. As well as just backwards capability in general, would be nice to have.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If there isn't a b/c announcement at this E3, I don't think b/c will ever happen.

I think part of the problem was that Microsoft put in all this time and resources on making the 360 b/c with most of the original Xbox games and hardly anyone ever used the service.

I can see the reasoning in that. I've just been hearing rumors of sony doing it for ps4 kind of how they did on the ps3, but for all previouse titles. Just got me to thinking of how great it would be if Xbox did it.

Sony seems to be hitting the same road blocks that Microsoft is. Although Sony announced B/C, It still isn't available on their Gaikai service as promised.

It is very difficult to get the architecture compatible with the newer consoles.

www.tomshardware.com/.../xbox-one-backwards-compatible-emulator,26478.html

this would be pretty good if they did

That's alot of recoding and publisher rights that need to worked out which isn't worth it for a company in the long run because it will cost more than it will net them unless they go and charge full price for everything again

@ Bird - PSNow or whatever that streaming service is called isn't even ready yet.

How can things not be available on a service that isn't itself available.

[quote user="ICN3D"]

@ Bird - PSNow or whatever that streaming service is called isn't even ready yet.

How can things not be available on a service that isn't itself available.

[/quote]

Not ready? It was announced at last year's E3 that Playstation Now would be available early next year (2014).

Its May and there is no sign of this service in the foreseeable future. Sounds to me if Sony had a solid grasp on making the existing game catalog available, it would be out already or at least maybe a few games. But nothing.

I can't wait to see how Sony spins this. What Sony says and what Sony does are two different things. Always has been. Always will be.

Maybe they'll just bash Microsoft policies again and the mindless drones will forget all about backwards compatibility.

"But its 1080p @ 60 FPS. And we've got indie titles that no one ever plays." Pfft!

Personally I have no interest in B/C, I totally appreciate others would love to see it though.

I just wonder though once we get a few more years into the life of these new consoles, when titles like The Division, The Crew ( just a few examples ) have been out and there's talk of sequels to these games, even better XB1 games announced, will as many still be as interested in B/C? I hope this makes sense lol

I guess it sounds selfish of me but I got a new console, I don't want to play older games, just new ones :)

Me too,go away remakes,HD ports and old stuffs.....Bye,bye Pong,welcome Sunset Overdrive. :)

I'm confused, if you are willing to pay, why don't you then?  An original Xbox and those particular games are extremely cheap on eBay.  You could be playing them by the end of the week if you wanted.