All of my xbox data is lost

Ive been using xbox for awile now and this is something ive never ran into before

it was just another normal day of me playing Modern Warfare 2; on the menu I pressed the "multiplayer" button and then my screen froze. Strangely enough I could still hear my friend talking on party chat and they said they could hear me okay so i assumed my xbox was still running fine, perhaps it just needed more time to load out of the screen or something. After waiting 5 minutes I turned the xbox off due to impatience of the frozen screen, but the xbox didn't turn off dispite pressing the power button.

So I pulled the power plug out.

When I turned it back on the console took much longer than i usually takes to boot up into the dashboard, when that long process was done i noticed it had completely skipped the screen where you sign into your profile by selecting your gamertag's avatar; the one with the white background.

in the dashboard im connected to xbox live, but im not signed into my profile. So i head to setting and select "storage"

This is where things get weird. Above the cloud drive option i saw "hard drive" and in the subtitle "127 GB free", i knew this was my hard drive, but I had named it "FFXIII" not "hard drive"

I selected it, and it showed my all the categories ie. games and apps, profiles, demos, etc. but on the right they all said "0KB"

How is it that the xbox say 127 gb free in a 250 gb hard drive, but with no content inside it? an xbox hard drive only fits into an xbox so i dont understand what was tampering with it.

So there you have it, I have nothing. No profile, no game memory, no acheivements or online play accessible to me

I even tried downloading my profile but in the middle of the download it stopped and said "Sorry, Xbox LIVE profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later. 8007045D"

I have tried 4 times.

Some background on the console:

- the Xbox 360 is a Final Fantasy 13 special edition with a 250gb hard drive, the classic model xbox; not the slim version

- ive been using it for over 2 years and i have never ran into a problem such as minor bugs that my friends complain about

Someone please help me I don't know what to do.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 187 Applies to:

It sounds to me like your hard drive has failed you are more then likely gonna need to buy a new one Im not sure if we provide service on HD, should go to repairs section of support and see whats offered. hope this helps. and sorry you lost all your data.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It sounds like your hard drive has failed. You should be able to re-download your profile, achievements, games etc. from Live once you get a new one, but unfortunately you might not be able to recover any game save files.

Sorry this didn't help.

On a side note Im willing to buy a new xbox with a similar hard drive space and move my old content through a tranfer cable into a new xbox

If this theory works please confirm it with me

Sorry this didn't help.

If it is courrupt data you would just be moving the issue. It honestly sounds like you may have to chump the data as a loss. It is not fun but hardrives will always have the change for corruption-I suggest backing up all future files on a secondary save device.

Sorry this didn't help.

Will do.

Sorry this didn't help.

Everything in your Gamertag profile can be redownloaded from Xbox LIVE when you redownload your profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

The ONLY data that comes with downloading profile is your PROFILE information, gamertag, MP, Gamerscore etc... as well as DLC that is in your download history. Saved game files (that are not on cloud) and anything else not directly involving your account information will be lost.

This is why I sugges making copies of your save files and anything else that you are going to want to keep.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unicorn is right in these regards. all other troubleshooting steps here are irrelevatn and unworthy of Gazrock to try.

I'd trust Unicorn, Gazrock. He knows what he talking about. Vibroplex isn't even a Ambassador. lol. weaksauce.

Sorry this didn't help.