All of my games crash or lock up the system after only a few minutes

Big Xbox One problem.

Is this a common fault?  My games don't do the dashboard crash, they just crash completely.  Some games will just lock up, but I can still access the dashboard.  However, any other game or app will not load after the first game has crashed.  The only way to get around this problem is to hold my finger on the power light until the machine goes off and then try again.  Sometimes I can play for 30 minutes, sometimes only 5 minutes.

Some games will totally crash the system, with the sound going in a continuous loop.  If this happens all I can do is turn the console off, I have no dashboard access.

It's not a heat issue as the console is in a well ventilated space and is not hot to the touch.

I have about 5 games, some on disc some as downloads. The system crashes on all of them.  Is a factory reset worth it or is my console faulty?  I'll do the rapid exchange if it is.  

This will be my third Xbox One.  The first one stopped booting up after only 2 months!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:
Answer

well it seems your problem has be rectified glad of being assistance to you and hope everything is fine in the near future

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.