All of a sudden.. My xbox won't say that I have a MEMORY UNIT anymore..?

Maybe.. Last week, my xbox mysteriously stopped having my Memory Unit, but I had my profiles on my USB stick.

My USB stick is 6 GB, and the memory unit was 12 GB - I think. It was the one that came originally with the xbox. -Not a hard drive..

What could I do to fix this!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Try inserting your flashdrive into a computer, then wiping it from there, then re-inserting it and reformatting it for use with Xbox ; also, try clearing your system cache following these instructions - support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="vExecutioner"]My USB stick is 6 GB, and the memory unit was 12 GB - I think. It was the one that came originally with the xbox. -Not a hard drive..[/quote]The largest Memory Unit that has ever come with a 360 console is the 4GB internal MU on the current 4GB 360 S model. There has never been a 12GB MU.

While you say "Not a hard drive", the capacity you're listing (12GB) is close to that of the original 20GB 360 console. That had a hard drive clipped to the side/top of the console.[quote]What could I do to fix this![/quote]If the 20GB HDD has failed? Nothing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.