All I want is a date that I can have my account back

On June 30 2011 my account was hacked into and was migrated over to Russia so all of my stuff for my xbox console is in Russia and I am unable to use it. I contacted the support team on the same day they said that it would take up to 15 days for the account to be placed back into the right area well that was 2 months ago and I have yet to get anything back from the support team of the investigation team all I want is a time that I will have my account back I have called many times and have spoken to countless people and there supervisors. All I have gotten from these people is the run around I have sent e-mails to the investigation team with no one mailing back. I have gone as far and sending letter the the xbox legal team which I have yet to hear anything from them as well all I want is my account and the money take from the checking account  back and i dont want to wait more time when this has gone on far to long.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

say say we all...my accout was comprimised july 14... i however don't have my original tag in my posession.  >.<

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="LethalE456"]

say say we all...my accout was comprimised july 14... i however don't have my original tag in my posession.  >.<

[/quote]

You need to phone Xbox Support and open an Unauthorised Access Claim. However this will lock you account for upto 30 days.

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah...i did that already. just playing the waiting game...lucky i've only used prepaid cards for everything...but still its been "under investigation" for a month and a half and its getting ridiculous. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had the same problem with my account. I bought my xbox 31/07/11 and on the 14/08/11 my account got hacked i lost around 1100 ms point. Upon seen what happened i managed to change my password and contacted xbox live support.  The guy i spoke to told me that as i had been able to change the password and retrieve the account i could still use it , but the account would be locked for any purchases . On time scale i got told it would take 2 weeks in order for them to look into it to get my ms points back. 2 weeks past with no reply phone or email from support. I phoned support on 28/08/11 then was informed it would take 3 - 4 weeks until my account would be unlocked to purchase from xbox live. Within 20 mins of talking to support my account got completely locked . I couldn't even login to xbox live at all. Yet another call to support to find out the guy i just spoke to put a lock on my account.

Now i was a psn customer and due to there network problems i decided to move to xbox live. I'm finding Microsoft very disappointing to be honest. Why lock me out of my account when i have access and control over it ? and the time period 3-4 weeks from been told 2 weeks max  ?

I hope to get my account back soon.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I think the member of the Xbox Support on the phone might have been wrong. An account stays locked for upto 30 business days.

Sorry this didn't help.

The only way to find out the status of your Unauthorized Access Investigation is by contacting phone support in your region. Be sure to have your reference number ready to expedite the process. No one here on the forums can tell you anything about the investigation on your case.

Sorry this didn't help.

Jo3d3r - You may want to think of it this way, when they do an investigation they do a complete investigation. You having access to the account can throw off information. They need to track IP logs, games history, purchase history. There's a whole slew of things involved in such a thing and this is why it takes them such a pain stakingly long time. You may think well it seems simple I can play on my account and they can do whatever they want in the background, just not that simple unfortunately, they have to deal with so many accounts that they have to be very thorough and careful with their investigations.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have called I have a recored that spans 2 months of me calling every week trying to figure out whats going on? This is not the support I pay 60 a year for and I can tell you now that the other people with the smae issue as mine are getting sick of it as well.

Sorry this didn't help.