all game saves now 'unknown profile'

Hello,

Recently my brother and I purchased an xbox slim to replace our old elite that had broken but due to me being away I never transferred my xbox live account over from the old console until about a week or so ago. It all worked fine and in my haste to finally get to play some games I didn't bother to install the update that was waiting, which meant that the console never connected to xbox live (you know, the whole 'if you don't accept the update you'll be disconnected from xbox live etc.).

At some point my brother let the update go through, after which my profile was connected to live but it wouldn't let me sign in due to the new security that'd been added (may not actually be 'new' but it hadn't been connected to the internet in a good few years), and the fix for the problem that I got was to delete the profile (but not items) and re-download the profile from the guide menu, which I did.

However, upon doing this, my gamerscore was reset to 0, all my saved games got 'disconnected' from the profile and my avatar too was 'reset' to what it was some time ago.

I'm not too concerned about the gamerscore, but losing, literally every saved game ive ever had is a real blow, and I can't believe that there is -no- way to get the back, as they're clearly just sitting there on the hard drive.

The gamertag (sulphurea) hasn't changed since I signed up for live by converting an offline profile, so its not like that has changed so as to disconnect them.

I've contacted xbox support (the live chat one) twice before to see if they can help and have tried a myriad of things to try restoring them -

• Clearing the cache 3 times
  • Doing a power cycle
  • removing the hard drive and blowing off dust and re-inserting it
  • just waiting (said it was a common problem for this to happen after an update and to just wait, its been a week now)
  • deleting the profile again and re-downloading
  • re-downloading the profile while the profile is already on the system
  • and possibly a couple of others i've forgotten
In the end the last time the rep said the only possibility to get them back would be to pay an outside repair centre to try and recover the data, however a) it'd really rather not pay any money and b) this doesnt seem plausible, as unknown profile game data can't be moved (much as I've tried) and it still wouldn't be linked back to my profile and c) its not like the data is lost, i can see it right there in the hard drive storage.
I realise that it's somewhat unlikely that the saves can be recovered due to the, to be frank really stupid way that the whole system is set up (I get it stops people from 'cheating' achievements, but all I want is to not lose all these years uh, work?) but with any luck you guys will know either way whether there is a fix (paid or not) or if it really is a complete lost cause.
Thank you
(oh, it might be helpful to point out that for whatever reason of all of them 3 games were all that remained in the 'your games' section, no saves or acheivements despite having both, just empty acknowledgement I had once played those games, though I'm not sure if it means anything at all)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 66 Applies to:

Using third party tools to access your console or the files on the console is against section 1.9 of the Terms of Use agreement.  It will result in a permanent account suspension and console ban.

Despite what phone support might have told you do not go to an unauthorized service center either because that too will get your profile and console permanently banned.

If you went through the options you listed above and it didn't work then there is nothing else for you to do.  The data is lost.

Mod Edited

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I, dont think i mentioned using third party tools to try and access the file or anything or if you're just, reinforcing the fact but no, I won't be doing anything like that, really not worth the risk.

And I dont mean to sound, uppity or anything but, really truly everything from my profile is just, lost? For no apparent reason and with nobody seeming to give any explanation as to why?

Thank you very much for replying in any case VisageOfAnAngel, I hope you have a pleasant evening.

Sorry this didn't help.

I  have the same problem,  I would to really like an answer to this question, as I no longer want to play on my  beloved xbox and I dont have the heart to start my mass effects again :-(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hiya I solved the problem, while trying to update the security I actually set up a new account, so when I signed in, I was using the new one so the saves didnt automatically load up with it,... I rang the support center and the guy on the phone accidentally found the correct user talk me through the correct way to update my security and hay presto there it was,,, i really hope you get urs bk too.

Sorry this didn't help.