Alien: Isolation

Looks like a new Alien game is in the works, and will likely come to next generation consoles.

Alien: Isolation

Worth a read for some juicy information. It's all but officially announced.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Don't you get my hopes up...

I think after the burn that was Aliens: Colonial Marines most won't be getting their hopes up anytime soon.

I thought the multiplayer was brilliant.

I never really got around to trying it. It's dead on PC now so probably never will.

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

I think after the burn that was Aliens: Colonial Marines most won't be getting their hopes up anytime soon.

[/quote]

I remember certain parts of Aliens: Colonial Marines where the textures would take at least 10 seconds to pop up if there even were textures.  A lot of parts seemed to be missing them completely. At least the Pulse Rifle sounded awesome.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="brandiesel1"]At least the Pulse Rifle sounded awesome.[/quote]Pretty much just this. The sound of the Pulse Rifle was the only thing AC: Colonial Marines got right.

Everything else in was abysmal from end to end. The Characters sucked and lacked any originality. The "story" sucked and lacked any thought or originality. The Graphics were sub par and looked closer to a Launch Title from 2005 (or worse). I could go on and on but I won't.

I think AC:CM was the final nail in the coffin over a one of the greatest film franchises trying to be a Video Game. Sega should just drop it and never let anything happen with it again. The reported story from this new Alien Game sounds just as bad, who really wants one Alien and for the rest to be mindless killing of "soldiers" or other humans/ synthetics. Didn't they learn that from AC:CM already?

I'm a huge Aliens fan (could you tell?)... But not even I got excited by this news. Especially after so many let downs.

As brandiesel1 said... The pulse rifle sounded spot on, and made me smile just a bit...

@ LostKauz

"I think AC:CM was the final nail in the coffin over a one of the greatest film franchises trying to be a Video Game. Sega should just drop it and never let anything happen with it again." Part of me knows this is true, and the other part is going: Nooooooooooo!

"The reported story from this new Alien Game sounds just as bad, who really wants one Alien and for the rest to be mindless killing of "soldiers" or other humans/ synthetics. Didn't they learn that from AC:CM already?" This is the part of me that knows what Lost said is true.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

Pretty much just this. The sound of the Pulse Rifle was the only thing AC: Colonial Marines got right.

[/quote]

I thought the weapon models and sound effects were pretty spot on (compared to AvP) and I did also like the way the motion tracker was handled also. If there was anything I would take out of Colonial Marines and put into another Aliens or AvP game it would be these.

Nooooooo!!!!! The story will apparently be about Amanda Ripley, and she'll be on a ship fighting Soldiers, Clones, and ONE ALIEN!!!! Do you people have a bloody clue? DO YOU HAVE A BLOODY CLUE?!?!?!? Do you really think people want to fight Humans in an ALIEN GAME?!!? And Amanda Ripley? The girl who died in her sixties between the first two movies? GAHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm so done with this!

Well with one Alien it would be pretty dull with nothing else to kill. Unless they went the Survival Horror route (ie: Like Dino Crisis, etc).

Needs more Aliens though in my opinion. Nothing better than blowing away hordes of Xenomorphs with a Pump Action Shotgun.