ALERT: Will 2012 be the end for Online Gaming youtube vids, streams?

OK, I can outrightly say that this is the first ever thread that I will be making which is super serious and I hope people take the time to read this, if you have friends family, please spread this word as it will affect many businesses, jobs, us, gaming industry, music, facebook(twitter and youtube) even being shut down. 

Basically this is a new bill which is being made but has not passed yet but at the moment 70% it will pass and we will be affected worldwide and not US. If I'm not wrong, a bill is like a law in the britain and the bill needs to get passed in order the law to be taken place. At the moment, the bill hasnt passed yet but it went through many stages and it is possible that it may be passed. This may sound crazy but it will be happening if this gets passed. It seems that the law-makers of America are very amateur and they dont know how internet works. This bill is called Protect IP Act, Google it to find more info and this will be affect many things like uploading gameplay videos even with commentary, multiplayer vids, e3, any sort of gaming footage, trailers, live streams of gameplay, karaoke, movies, any musics, any tv footage, no copyrighted picture, no facebook twitter and majority of xbox live will be have to be redone. Its not just xbox live but psn and other services. law makers of US are saying this bill will help games and film from being exposed which is totally wrong, games on youtube promote many things. Many internet businesses will have to be shut down if this horrendous mess passes its bill. Many adsense members on google will be gone, many people will be left with no jobs. This law is also being rushed. We wont have xbox live the way it is now. I think this thread needs to be stickied as this is really serious. 

If you do anything that I listed like upload gameplay of any games, then the consequences are that you get one strike and after that you're taken to jail and you will be convicted of felony. People may be asking, isnt this only US only thing because this bill is being passed in US only? Well 2 points,

1. Eventually countries like UK, Australia, Europe will all follow the ship and adapt the same law in UK.

2.  Companies like Youtube, xbox live, Facebook are all US based, so the laws will be affecting us too. 

This is really sad, Also BBC iPlayer will be taken away, I love BBC i Player. Basically this bill will take 80% of the internet away. This is the video, this is very important. Watch all of it, it covers many other stuff that I havent said. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAtSfNh9B0c&feature=channel_video_title

Spread this to everyone like your friends, child, dad, mum, aunti, uncle and every possible people you can think of, this is very serious and it will affect the whole gaming industry. If you hate me, if you think I am a troll, it doesnt matter in this case because if this gets passed then, it will be time to say goodbye to internet. Internet will be boring. 

Watch the whole video, very informative. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I dare not click the link incase i may inadvertently break a law.In fact , i`m fair crapping myself just by having my laptop switched on.

[quote user="Dainja Raas"]

I dare not click the link incase i may inadvertently break a law.In fact , i`m fair crapping myself just by having my laptop switched on.

[/quote]

This isnt a joke at all, this is super serious and this may shut down 60% of the internet we have at the moment. If this gets passed in US, For example XBox live. Xbox live is owned by Microsoft, Microsoft director is Bill Gates and Bill Gates is from US. So this is serious. 

So am i dude , so am i............

Surely you cant be serious?

[quote user="PlatinumSpectre"]

Surely you cant be serious?

[/quote]

I am serious, I am 100% serious. Watch the video I linked. Google 'Protect IP Act' on Google and see yourself. Its not a joke. 

will believe it when I see it...and cant take that guy on the video serious, ten seconds of his voice was annoying enough

One of the few threads the OP has ever posted that is actually serious. There is a petition at the moment online to oppose the legislation.

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

will believe it when I see it...and cant take that guy on the video serious, ten seconds of his voice was annoying enough

[/quote]

The guy is well known for alerting people like this, he did the same thing for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hytigOSjJxc&feature=relmfu

And he got many likes.

If you dont believe it and you dont care, you'll regret it when this bill passes. We need to act fast and spread this out. 

[quote user="xD4DDYx"]

One of the few threads the OP has ever posted that is actually serious. There is a petition at the moment online to oppose the legislation.

[/quote]

Thanks, This is disgusting that US government are even attempting this. They are ignorant. I think this thread needs to be stickied and be need to take actions.

lmao oh reign your neck in orphan, its a matter for the US if it ever gets passed it will kill every video website going....just wait and see what happens