(Al) Can't purchase a Family Gold Account

I have been trying to purchase a Family Gold Pack since the end of May 2011.  I have used multiple credit card numbers and have spoken with Support multiple times.  I tried making the purchase via the console and the computer, multiple times.  Support removed and added back multiple credit cards.   I have even created a new gamer tag and a whole new account, still no results...the issue is still on going.  Tonight I spoke to Support again and still no resolution.  Support has sent the issue up to a higher level, but that was done in the past also.  In the past, Support advised me via telephone that Microsoft is aware that this is an issue, not only with me, but with others as well, however it does not affect a large enough audience so the issue is not a priority.  Support could not find those notes in their computer but had everything else we've ever discussed.  I have two game consoles that just sit because my two children want to play with their school friends but can't.  Help 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Forget the Family Gold Pack...from the posts I have seen, it is more trouble than it's worth.  If all you have are two kids wanting to play online, go buy 2 Gold sub cards for $120 and use them.  That they can play and you don't hav to put and cards nos on file.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What is the error that you are receiving? Is there an error code (8 digit string)? Trying from the console, correct?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can buy a 12 month card. Enter the information for one account. You can upgrade to family at a later date. The charges will reflect the time left on the 12 month card. It would all balance out in the end. The family plan is more then worth it regardless of what you may have been told. I have had a family plan account for over 8 months and have not had any problems.

Sorry this didn't help.