Aim Assist

Can anyone tell me if you can turn aim assist on for muliplayer and if so how do you do it

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

In which  game?

Not unless you want a console ban for hardware modding.  I don't know of any game that allows aim assist in multiplayer, it's just wrong.

Many games have aim assist in the options menu, you can turn it on there.

[quote user="Malesoun"]

Not unless you want a console ban for hardware modding.  I don't know of any game that allows aim assist in multiplayer, it's just wrong.

[/quote]

It's in many multiplayer shooting games. I don't see how it's wrong- it makes up for the fact the controller doesn't have the same accuracy a mouse would have on a computer.

[quote user="Malesoun"]

[/quote]

You'd be surprised how many multiplayer games use aim-assist... from the CoD games to Halo...

Some you can't even turn off....

[quote user="MetalGearFloppy"]

[quote user="Malesoun"]

[/quote]

You'd be surprised how many multiplayer games use aim-assist... from the CoD games to Halo...

[/quote]

I thought it was the norm for SP but not MP, I must be wrong.

[quote user="MetalGearFloppy"]

[quote user="Malesoun"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yup scarily most of them have aim assist already on.

I think most if not all the CODS have some form of a minor aim assist.

Console shooters have aim assist because the control pad just isn't accurate enough, mouse + keyboard is so precise that PC games don't have aim assist.

Want to see what a console FPS would be like without aim assist? Go play Halo 3/Reach and try teamkilling people on purpose without explosives and see how long it actually takes you to kill them.

Its a good job that most games have aim assist as %99 of xbox live users wouldn't be able to hit a barn door without it. I personally believe that the COD series would never have been as popular if it wasn't for the extreme aim assist in the game.

I brought it up in a conversation once in a party and i was met with responses like "haha, what you talking about jami, I never use aim assist" and "I turned aim assist off when i got the game". I laughed as you can imagine, and then when on to show them how bad the aim assist is in cod. Just stand still and let an enemy run past you.. and be amazed at how your character locks onto the enemy without even touching your pad.