After update this morning by MS, get a message that my "Disc not supported". My console has "ONLY" been serviced by Microsoft.

Ok, Similar problem as others are having.  My son wanted to play this morning before school. Turned it on and it said it had to update. After clicking on update it tried to update and  after a brief few progress bars it white screened with an error code.  Him not knowing what to do, he unplugged the console waited a few seconds,  plugged it back in and when he powered up he was asked to update his console again.  So he did. It took about 10 minutes to update. After update it rebooted and when he got to Xbox Dashboard he clicked on Black Ops to play it and when it tried to load game it came back with an error saying that "Disc is not supported".  I came  home and then checked the console with Black Ops and 2 other games and they are ALL giving the same error message. It seems somehow the console has gotten corrupted.  

I have had this console repaired 2 times in 6 months and BOTH times it was the DVD drive NOT working.  Since my unit is very much under warranty, BOTH repairs have been done by you guys at Microsoft.

Again, it seems your update somehow corrupted our console.  PLEASE help us with a fix. Thank you for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

For the fastest resolution for this isssue, I encourage you to call phone support at 800-4MY-XBOX.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree with Mister Fitzer. Please call support. We are prepared to repair consoles that haven't been modified.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is weird i havent received any updates on my console! By the way i live in Canada!

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft released a press statement a few days ago, saying that the update may well cause that to happen.

The good news, is that you get sent a new  250gb slim at no cost (or so Joystiq have told!)

Sorry this didn't help.

Oli The G is mistaken, they arent replacing these broken system with new 250gb slims,  that is only consoles effected by a update that happend like 6 months ago.   Here is the official statement regarding that false information.... majornelson.com/.../clearing-up-some-confusion  

If you system is still under warranty just call them and send it in for repair again.

Sorry this didn't help.