After Update my wireless connection is not working all the other connections work except 360

I use wpa password and all other devices connect fine.  360 will not connect to router now after update, will connect fine to other router abd through network cable but not Wireless as before?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

After the patch the Router needs to be set to WPA2-AES. 

To change router cypher use 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1, or 192.168.2.1 to access your router. 

Then log in with admin and change cypher to WPA2-AES if available.  If your router does not support this, then you are S.O.L.

I had the same exact issue and symptoms as you. This is the solution.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem as you TicketingShip. I can connect to LIVE through a Network cable fine, but not wirelessly anymore. How do I change cypher to WPA2-AES?

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah the internal adapter has never liked TKIP even before this update, maybe its the same for the external N adapter now as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here, switched to WPA 2 AES and still not connecting since yesterdays update. Rebooted wireless router and all other devices in the house are perfectly happy. My xbox 360 can see all the networks fine, but not connect.

I manually set ip addresses, but feels like it is not negotiating with the router before DHCP would kick in.

For the record, using a UK Pal Elite (original) with Xbox Kinect daisy chained and Wireless N adapter.

Sorry this didn't help.

^ What is the make/model of router?

Sorry this didn't help.

Draytek 2820n. Just tested it with a unsecured network and same fault. Maybe the AES issue or the update was a red herring. Will contact MS tomorrow.

All other devices in the house are fine. 360 is otherwise fine, N adapter in console finds networks fine. Very odd.

Sorry this didn't help.

The router does not need to be set on WPA2 after the patch. This is misinformation. I run on WEP at home and my console works just fine with the internal Xbox 360S wireless adapter. It appears the update caused a lot of people's networks to stop recognizing the console and really the trick is to refresh the console. If you achieve this by switching to WPA2, then it's coincidence not a necessity.

Sorry this didn't help.

It has been this way ever since the Xbox360S was released, it varies from router to router but most routers will not support WEP with the Internal 360 adapter in N mode because WEP isn't supported under Wireless N. Its more like the other way around, if your router will support the Internal adapter in N mode with WEP your in the minority.

I'm not saying that since the update you need to switch, it has always been this way, the best set-up for the Internal 360 adapter with Wireless N (or the external N adapter) is WPA2-PSK(AES)

Sorry this didn't help.

Nothing will support Wireless N with WEP. The only two encryption types are Unsecured and WPA2. I'm talking about connecting in Wireless G. If these guys are having issues connecting, then I would suggest ensuring they are on Wireless G.

I know that you personally prefer Wireless N, but I've seen greater success with Wireless G on consumer networks that it's definitely worth a shot. Also, if he's already on Wireless G, then he should try switching to Wireless N.

Lately I've seen the best solution to the "I updated and now I can't connect wirelessly" is to change the Wireless Mode to G Only and then the Wireless Channel to something like 1 or 11.

Sorry this didn't help.

Got ya, yes the external/internal N adapter should still support WEP in G mode, I'd be very surprised if it doesn't.

I've no real preference for G or N really, just whatever works best for you, you know yourself everyone's home/set-up is different so its about finding the best match for you

Sorry this didn't help.