After the release of the newest/next xbox??

I was thinking ( Scary I know) but What happens after the next xbox is released???

How long do you think we will have to be able to continue on with our xbox 360s?  When will the production of games for the xbox 360 stop?

I intend to continue on with my xbox 360 for as long as i can and was just curious to the above questions.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Probably get a couple more years out of it, they stopped supporting the original with games in late 2006 over here, though tech support didn't stop till 2009. I'm 99% certain I'll not be getting the next MS console so like you I want as much time out of the 360 as possible.

I am hoping for at least a couple of more years left with my 360 and Live.

-

I have only had my 360 a tittle over 4 years and I have zero interest in the next one. So I would like to contine gaming for a long while yet.

With all those games left to finish i hope it goes on for longer than a couple of years.

[quote user="Maccadooooooooo"]

I was thinking ( Scary I know) but What happens after the next xbox is released???

How long do you think we will have to be able to continue on with our xbox 360s?  When will the production of games for the xbox 360 stop?

I intend to continue on with my xbox 360 for as long as i can and was just curious to the above questions.

[/quote]

For me personally there will be no new games I'll buy for the Xbox. Console wise I mainly use the PS3 now, not that I haven't enjoyed my Xbox but I just missed loads of PS3 games that you can't get on Xbox and all new releases that I will/might get are being released on all formats. I'll be hanging onto it though for partying up with friends/family.

Like has been mentioned in the thread, I would think there's a couple of years left in the current generation and I hope it's longer because if and that's a big if alot of these rumours about the next generation are true then I'm in no rush to go out and buy them, if at all. 

I guess it will all come down to how many people are still using the 360 online and if it still finacily plausable (sorry for the very bad spelling)

[quote user="Private Maximo"]

I guess it will all come down to how many people are still using the 360 online and if it still finacily plausable (sorry for the very bad spelling)

[/quote]

Well the 360 has just sold another 300,000 consoles in January so it looks as though it isn't going to die anytime soon.

-

So with it getting more and more new gamers on board it looks like MS is going to have to keep Live open for the 360 players for a while after the release of the Xbox.

Thought i would throw my hat in to the ring on this one and pose the question, what is the theory on how xboxlive will function potentially with 2 generations of machine interacting on it, that is something that could have a massive impact on how long 360 survives for !!!

With GTA 5 coming out I would imagine a long while yet.

I guess as I see someone else mention, alot will depend on how well the next Xbox does sales wise, the better it does the quicker Microsoft will abandon ( maybe wrong choice of words ) the current console, if it doesn't do that well for whatever period of time then I guess the 360 will still bring in the profits and MS will support it for longer.

I think for most though it will be case of" keeping up with the Joneses". People will not want to feel left out when all their friends are playing the lastest Xbox. I know I will fall into that bracket if all my friends purchase the latest hardware and are bragging about the latest game they are all playing together. A sense of feeling left out will push me to purchase it and then I probably won't touch the 360 again.