After several confirmed cancellations, with email reciepts , and a dispute with my credit card company, Microsoft still continues to charge me.

The story currently is as follows: I cancel my membership, and am not billed for several months.  At some point I add MS points and buy Bastion. (I think this is what sets it off.) Suddenly, I am billed for 9.99 for a gold membership.  I call, cancel, remove my credit card.  Apparently they are unable to refund my money.   I then proceed to start a dispute with my credit card company.  They refund my money and find in my favor.

Today, I receive and email telling me I have been charged 9.99 by Microsoft.

Currently, I am on the phone hoping to resolve this, but, as I have read on Reddit, I have decided to complain here.

-K

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Yial! I'm sorry to hear about the confusion here. Do you perhaps have another account that is still running? If so, you need to call phone support back and specifically ask to turn off auto renewal on it. To help you narrow it down, you can log into any accounts you have at https://billing.microsoft.com and it will show you all the recent charges on it. Let me know how this goes, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

so what happened was you cannot dispute a charge most likely your creditcard company issued a hold and then investigated this does take time

when purchasing games you have 2 options ms points or creditcard

if you do not select the correct option

then thats user error

9.99 was probably the charge for the game not a renewal

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.