AFTER PLAYING MY GAME I WAS DC'ED AND CAN'T RECONNECT

I was playing Dead Island and I had this item that a random guy gave me.

I equipped it after finally reaching the level requirement for it and I was immediately disconnected from xbox live.

I killed one zombie and it EXPLODED, that's when I knew that it was definitely not a weapon I should be using.

I dispose of the weapon and quit my game. I get a message that says that xbox live requires an update, I clicked the ok and installed the update ( which now I'm thinking was a terrible idea)

My xbox starts up and I see that ALL the avatars for my live sign ins are grey'd and blank. nothing.

I try to sign in and it gives me "Can't connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to Troubleshoot, or try downloading your profile again.

for more info, visit

www.xbox.com/support."

I try to test the connection and it says my "wireless settings for this console need to be configured." I chose my wireless network and it then gives me "If (wireless network name) is not your network, select Configure Network, then, in the network list press Y to disconnect and set up your network again."

it keeps making me go around in circles. I restart my xbox, router.. I get nothing.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Greetings, INGOPINGO. To start, can you please take a look at this sticky and post your replies to the questions in bold at the bottom of the page: forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx. This will enable us to get started with the troubleshooting process.

Thank you in advance! Standing by for your response.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey pingo!

You got disconnected because of the system update that started to roll out, beginning from last week. Are you able to try with an ethernet cable instead to see if you can connect properly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.