after a gamertag

sorry i did not know where to post this question on the forum 

i would like to have a gamertag that has never played a game online it has not name gamer score on it and i would love to have it 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There is no way to request a gamertag be released.

-

Microsoft don't take requests, nor is there a set schedule for releasing them.

-

Also worth remembering is that the 'gamertag' system is used for other Microsoft services too, so just because it isn't being used on the 360 does not mean that it is not active.

I had a look at some well known names from literature, religion and some iconic words and found many of them to be registered with no gamerscore.  Words like Dungeon, Ragnar, various forms of dragon, known words for gods and gods' names.  I haven't tried place names but I think it would be the same and recon this is because such names would certainly incite some others.  You're not going to get the tag you want so tell us what it is and we can offer suggestions for other tags you might like at no cost.

Yeah, I'd be more than willing to offer a suggestion as well.

Most common words and names, as well as some one word proper nouns are very hard to come by. Aside from the obvious reason(millions of Live users), there are groups of people who create fake Windows Live IDs and 'collect' desirable tags (which is free to do) and sell the gamertags for Paypal or MS points. This became a big issue when MS freed up old tags about a year or so ago.

thank you all for getting back in touch i can understand that a gamertag is not  just for xbox online it would be nice if i could get it and the gamertag is Toasty thats the one i would really like to have i don't want to put zero as a o

Toasti, toaste, toasti3, toastie, toastee, toastist.

Why do you want toasty, is it a nickname and tell us how you got the nickname if so or do you like toast maybe?  It sounds daft but that's how you might get a name you like, by thinking about why you like it.

It was ages ago that I checked the names that I mentioned and they all had what seemed to be the old LIVE logo as a gamerpic so were reserved or registered on an old XBOX, not 360.

yep i like my toast lol

Toast brown, Toaster fat boy, Toast hunter, Toast to eat, Toast bread, White Toast, Brown Toast, Toasty fav, U love toast.

Mortal Kombat 3, thats why he wants toasty

When MS did resets of old GTs too many people were claiming OG ones just to sell on to make a profit, I dont see MS doing any more resets.