After 3 weeks of being offline suddenly my account is not valid?

Just got home from a 3 week house sitting gig, pop on my 360 to only be greeted by

"Your Xbox LIVE membership information isn’t valid. Please use a profile that contains a valid membership or recover your profile from Xbox LIVE."

I still have a month left on my 12 month subscription so I know that isn't the case.  I've never logged into my account from another 360 and have not used a Windows Phone, the 2 reasons Xbox Live lists as the cause for this error message.

I am not happy about having to recover my gametag.  Would love some kind of heads up or details about what else could possibly be going on.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Your account might have been compromised.  I would suggest checking our purchases to make sure nothing funky is going on.  If something is amuck change your password and call M$.  This has happened to me twice in the last two months.  ;-<

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yup :(  Just checked my account purchases and some a-hole bought $150 worth of points on 8/29.  I hope they get raped by a bear.

Thanks for the prompt reply, I'll have to wait til support is back in at Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

You need to phone Xbox Support and get them to open an Unauthorised Access Claim.

Sorry this didn't help.