Advice?

I have finally recieved my copy of Star Wars Battlefront II. And for those of you who played it on the original xbox, you will know how fantastic this game is.

Anyway, I bought it off eBay and it arrived this morning. The advert stated it is in 'near-mint condition' which it is not! I would expect a game of not to be in fantastic condtion but still I don't see why people exaggerate/lie on eBay.

There are no deep burns on the disc just a lot of scuffs and circluar marks which I can only guess are due to the game being moved whilst running in the xbox.

Anyone think it is worth the hassle to go through returning it or just get the disc cleaned at Gamestation?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah cause when the original is in the disk tray it only gives you the option to select game.

Also when you go into the game it won't let you access your dashboard features from your pad.

Nevermind.

[quote user="Viral Cyrix"]

you cant install xbox original games.

[/quote]

Ah right, didn't know that. Thanks for letting us know.

you cant install xbox original games.

[quote user="EXPIRED Z0MBIE"]

To conclude, the nice lady from eBay said it was her son who had put the advert up (clearly another lie) but as a good will gesture she said I can either return it and have a full refund or keep it and she will refund me £3.

So I think I will just keep it and get it cleaned up. Although it hasn't given me the option to store to my HDD?

[/quote]
Insert the game in the Xbox. It will most likely boot the game up. Then go to the dashboard, got to the "My Xbox" tab, and with the game title press Y and the select install game to HDD.

To conclude, the nice lady from eBay said it was her son who had put the advert up (clearly another lie) but as a good will gesture she said I can either return it and have a full refund or keep it and she will refund me £3.

So I think I will just keep it and get it cleaned up. Although it hasn't given me the option to store to my HDD?

[quote user="RickRossRosa"]

Own fault for buying off Ebay, people only tell the truth to a certain extent

[/quote]

eBay is a great place for finding little gems. Just unfortuantly people do exaggerate when telling the truth. 

That why when I advertise on there I always state its condition clearly.

Ask for partial refund.  Not as described so you want some money back for both misleading sale and to get it cleaned.

Like the others said, give it a go and try to install it to the HDD.

If it still doesn't work, then get it resurfaced.

ye but its cheap at end of day only like 2 pound get disc clean cant moan much really plus is awsum game smile

Own fault for buying off Ebay, people only tell the truth to a certain extent