Advice for new TV or computer monitor for Gaming

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a new TV solely for gaming. I currently use a 42" plasma but want to move my xbox to my bedroom. I was going to buy a 32" LCD or LED but then thought why not just buy a computer monitor to save on cost. 

I've been told that refresh rate is very important since I mainly play FPS. 

I am thinking of buying the;

ASUS VE247H 24 inch LED Widescreen Full HD 1080p Support with HDMI 2ms Response Time

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VE247H-Widescreen-Response-Intelligence-Technology/dp/B004T2LMP2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_nC ie=UTF8&colid=1HVE8936YWETL&coliid=I2SRLWNIAK6Z0P 

What are your thoughts on this?

Also are there any other features that I should be concerned about for gaming? 

Any other advice on alternative options like LED's or LCD's would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 70 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Looks like a good monitor.  I would say it would work great. Now to be a little nit picky a LED is a type of LCD t.v. :). The only reason you may want to consider a flat panel for you room is to get a bigger screen size. I really can't throw out many suggestions as I do not know what brands you have compared to me to choose from. Samsung is always a great choice and if you have Vizio, they have made great strides and are decently priced..

both are good in their own right's but are you using a HDMI setup. If using a HDMI setup please make sure that the monitor or TV has HDMI before setting it up anywhere. Also I have a 32" TV that I'm using for my gaming works wonderful

Thanks for your input guys :) I'm using a HDMI set up. When browsing forums, regarding the best TV's for gaming, there seems to be so much conflicting advice. Some say plasma's are better the LCD or LED's, and vice versa. Others say that the best way to go is the 24" monitor like the one I mentioned above. A lot of people seem to comment on the refresh rate and other features that can put gamers at a disadvantage if the specs are out. Although I not a serious gamer, I'm bad enough now as it is without my TV making me any worse! LOL

For someone like me who is not really up to date with the technology, finding the fight TV to buy is a frustrating process.  

I recommend that you don't go above 48".  You have to move your eyes around the screen a lot more and will cause you headaches and possibly motion sickness.  The best size for you will be one where you can sit back and absorb most of whats happening on the screen without much eye movement, ESPECIALLY for FPS and action type games.  I Know a few guys brag about their ultra-mega-ginormous-hugegantic screens but your gameplay really suffers at those sizes.  

I couldn't agree with you more. The other day I played COD on my mates 52" plasma and found it much harder to play multiplayer. A lot of people think that the bigger the display the better. But not being able to see the whole screen puts you at a disadvantage in terms of your reaction time. After much research, I've decided to go with the BenQ RL2455HM 24" monitor.

It's a learning curve with the bigger sets. I play on my 65" dlp and wouldn't ever look back....glad you found something

Hey Respected let me know how the BenQ RL2455HM 24" monitor turns out im looking at either that or the gaming comp monitior.

Will do Floorboss. Just waiting for it to be delivered.

if you play lots of online games the best is a LED screen, because with the fast constant changing of pixles plasma tv's or other plasma devices burn out very fast.

screen size is 100% dependent on viewing distance. its impossible to say how big or small you should limit yourself without knowing how far your eyes are from the display.

-

but unless you are sitting at a desk then 24" is too small.