Adjusting your screen depth and width with the joystick???

I bought a new slim and when I was setting it up in composite mode, (I couldn't find my HDMI cable), I had an option that came up where I could adjust the size of the display area (margin adjust) horizontally and vertically with the joystick. I've seen this option a time or two on games but never via the 360 console. I figured it was new option on the S model. Anyway, after adjusting the screen, the composite view fit my wide screen perfectly. However, the next day when i bought the HDMI cable and installed it (set to 1080P), now the screen was two wide and a bit two tall (I had widened and heightened the screen when I adjusted it). I can't remember what I did to get that option to come up and when i called XBOX support, they guy that had been there a month told me he knew of no such option!! I can adjust the screen to the 1650x1050 option and it looks pretty good but I would like to be able to set it to 1080P. Has ANYONE run across the "adjust the margins on the screen by moving your joystick option?". If so, how the heck to you get to it?

Thanks for any help...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

Hey mate, I'm not familiar with that setting myself. Have you tried plugging the composite cable in again, to see if it comes back up in the menus then? Also, have you tried fiddling with the zoom/resolution options on your TV? Perhaps the TV itself is zoomed in to a degree that's affecting the 1080p output.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Most (if not all) TV have an option that allows zooming in and out. Try changing the settings on your TV so that it fits exactly. If you see the "Just Scan" option, select that as it is optimised for HDMI cables.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the display settings on the Xbox.

To do that, switch off the Xbox, and turn it  on with your controller. Press and hold the Right Trigger and the Y Button as well as the Guide Button until the Xbox Logo appears.

I hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.