Additional Gamer Tags under main account

We have had the Xbox 360 for awhile but my sons were too young to "friend" anyone.  That has changed, and now I want to set up their own gamer tags.   I have tried looking through the Xbox settings as well as on Xbox.com and have only found how to add accounts to Xbox One.  Both boys have their own avatars.  I looked online and it suggested that I have to create Microsoft accounts for both boys and then sign up.  Will they still be associated with the XBOX Live account that I have?  If they want to play against each other (e.g. multiplayer MineCraft), do they both have to sign in and then play?  Also, will I be the administrator for the account as both boys are under 18?

Probably easy stuff but we are just starting to wade into the world on-line gaming with friends.

Thanks,

JT

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I have this same issue and need to figure out whether I can add my two sons to my Live account with their own gamertags. We are brand-new to the world of xbox, and the boys were telling their friends about it, and so I need to figure out how to get them playing with their friends.

Anyone in the know will make a couple of families happy! Thanks for any help-

JC

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm in the same boat, anyone out there know the answer?

JXR

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Stampy cat 4848!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already.  This way we can provide support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.