Additional Account Security

Herro,

I just had a few questions. I was the victim or a recent hijacking in order to obtain the Microsoft Points on my account. It is being handled and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get them all back. I was browsing the suspension forum and I ended up curious if any of those people could be the victim of someone hijacking their account and doing whatever it was they were guilty of. Also, is there anything like a button combination or authenticator like Blizzard has to make sure no one is logging in that shouldn't have access to it?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Ahoy hoy Yes I can quote famous hails from movie characters too

Next time you browse through that folder try googling some of the GTs listed. Mores to the point if they did have their accounts hijacked/phished/whatever you want to call it why didn't they call support?

There's a four digit passcode you can use to stop people signing in but it's wiped every time you recover your account so if someone did get a hold of your log in details (again) you'd be up a creek. Best idea is to come up with a really strong password and use a WLID that's just for your XBL account and can't be linked to you personally in any way. It can be quite straight forward to work out what your password is if your e-mail is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** because a phisher would just put your name into Facebook, pour himself a cup of coffee and go to work. Use symbols, numbers, capital letters and the like to make it far harder for a phisher to do that. If you use Hotmail make use of their reset password every 72 days feature too.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.