Adding new payment method - not working

My debit card expired a while back and I have a replacement that I've been using for a few weeks. I have just tried adding it to my account to add some ms points, and its just not happening!

Adding a new debit card through the website, I get the message - 'Please enter a valid credit card number'.

Trying through the ms billing/account management website, I get -  'Our system is temporarily unavailable due to technical reasons. Please try again later. If this problem persists, please contact customer support'.

I tried adding paypal, and am getting the message - 'Your payment instrument could not be authorized. Please contact your provider, or try a different payment option'.

I know my new debit card is fine for online purchases, I made one only last night, and I know my paypal is fine. I have been through all the information available in these forums and triple checked everything. (I did try adding the new card through the console too, I cant remember the exact error message and cant check right now, but it was something about being unable to authorize payment).

My region is set to UK.

I have yet to check with the bank as it is sunday, but I see no reason why it would be a bank error anyway.

Suggestions/help?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

Take a look at all the suggestions in this sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../19164.aspx) for adding your payment method. When posting here, we do need those error messages/codes to be able to help you. Check on that as well and post back.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.