adding money to account

Can someone please tell me how I add money to my sons xbox account please. I've looked everywhere. I want to add via the pc. This as been driving me mad now for an hour that i'm willing to chuck the xbox. Any help I would be very grateful.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 256 Applies to:

I looked around and did not find any direct way to add money using this site. That is likely my fault as I am sure there must be a way to do this. However, you could purchase a code from an online retailer and then enter the code on this site. There are several places you could do this and AMAZON comes to mind first for me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for replying i managed to put some on on christmas day and now cant find the way to do it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I will check with some other ambassadors to try to get this worked out for you. But keep checking back as you might get more replies from different ambassadors or official support as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no way to directly add funds to a Microsoft account.  You'll need to purchase an Xbox gift card (available at most major retailers) and add it via that.

As stated above, certain online retailers like Amazon allow you to purchase a digital code that will be instantly shipped to your e-mail address. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Very lame change.

I don't like a bunch of "microtransactions" polluting my credit card bill so prefer just putting a chunk of money into my MS account all at once. With no more points and strictly straight cash, it seems pointless/stupid to have to "buy" $25 at Amazon just to put that same $25 into my MS account. How does that make any sense?

It's also mighty inconvenient if I'm looking to make a $1.50 purchase and I only have 75¢ in my account. I either don't make the purchase (most likely and a lost sale), put a tiny 75¢ charge on my CC, or stop what I'm doing to go to the computer, login to Amazon, buy a card, blah blah blah redeem...

Stupid use case setup.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree I am sure there is a minimum of say $20. to get a gift card too, what if i only want to throw on $10 like now. I have a green-dot visa that expires tomorrow with $9.00 on it, and I was going to put it on my account to grab an arcade game. looks like Sony will be getting my money instead of Microsoft. Sony will let me put what i want into my Sony wallet with a credit card. STUPID way to run a gaming account ! Microsoft you are going to loose a lot of money this way, you never should have gotten rid of the family account's either, there is no way I am going from $100.00 for myself, my wife, and 2 kids, to $240.00 I have an xbox one but my kids are still on the 360. That family account really helped especially where I am a disabled Gulf War Vet and live on a very small fixed income, you went and more than doubled the cost for all of us to have a gold account so it is not possible now. I had to save for a year to get my Xbox one. What were you thinking? This all just hurts a lot of your loyal customers !

Sorry this didn't help.

Just add the money using your console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, DRAGONSBREATH2! This thread is a bit old. If you'd like to give feedback about the Family Gold Pack, head on over to the Feedback site. You can find a post that someone else has already done and upvote it; if you can't find one, though, feel free to post it up yourself!

Sorry this didn't help.