Adding a speaker setup....suggestions?

I have my 360 hooked to my TV with an HDMI cable, but the built-in speakers on the TV are terrible.  What kind of inputs would I need on a sound system for it to work with my XBOX while the HDMI cable is plugged in?

I was thinking of buying this:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Surround-Sound-Speakers-980-000430/dp/B003VAK1FA

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

something like this :

t1.gstatic.com/images

Damn, forgot that existed.  Thanks.

It's hard to tell from the info given on the link, but it doesn't look like those speakers would support an A/V receiver, though that's the route I'd go if you're looking for a 5.1/7.1 setup.

Like Spaz said, the best route for a 5.1/7.1 surround sound setup would be something that connects to a home audio receiver. I would look into Infinity home audio speakers. I have some similar to these in the link below.

Infinity speakers

The ones I have I bought about five years ago and they came with a 10 year warranty from Circuit City(now closed). But I was playing last night for the first time in a while with them turned up some(I have a two year old in an apartment). And they still sound awesome and they can still shake a room and most likely the one above or below. And this is all hooked up to a entry level Sony audio receiver. I couldn't get a link to work, but the model is a Sony STR-DG500 and it is priced around $120 nowadays.

I don't know what your budget is but between these two pieces of equipment and some good wiring. I would suggest getting Monster Cable audio wire(very durable also). You will be spending around $750, but I would bet a receiver like the Sony updated now with some HDMI inputs/outputs is most likely around the price($200) I paid for that Sony four years ago.

Infinity speakers are overpriced there is much better in the market for the same amount of money plus someone that suggests monster cables should steer away of giving opinions regarding A/V . , BTW your link sends to the Harman audio site .

[quote user="Almadacr"]

Infinity speakers are overpriced there is much better in the market for the same amount of money plus someone that suggests monster cables should steer away of giving opinions regarding A/V . , BTW your link sends to the Harman audio site .

[/quote]

Well, this is just my opinion on what I have and I think is a good product. Like I said before, I have had the same equipment(speakers and wiring) for over 5 years. So, I think that is a pretty good deal for the amount of money I have paid for them. With electronics(TV or Audio) it is all about the return on your investment. BTW I don't see you giving any suggestion on what the OP should buy.

@OP, also I would read the reviews of the Logitech system and make you own choice about your purchase.

He wants to buy the logitech speakers if you read in the OP post secondly he asked how to connect the speakers and i show him the dongle foe it . He diden`t asked " i have a certain amount of money and want to buy a system that would be better than my 2 tv set channel " if he did asked i would give him several choices for is budget , so i think that i din`t over read is post ... he asked a strait answer and  i gave him one period .

Defeintely go the seperates route. I wouldn't even consider an HTiB system. The main thing is to get the best speakers you can afford. They will have the most (by far) to do with how your setup ultimately sounds. Besides, you will probably have the speakers longer than any other piece of equipment (unless you really cheap out on them). The general rule is to spend at least half of your total budget on the speakers. If all you're getting will be speakers & a receiver, I would say spend a minimum of 3/4 on the speakers (if not more). The receiver is easily replaced with something better & more up to date at a later time.

Someone mentioned Infinity speakers. I used to own top of the line Infinity studio monitors. They were nothing but trouble, constantly blowing drivers. I replaced them with Infinity towers suited more for the home (rather than for the studio)... They were okay, but I was never particularly happy with their sound, and their powered sub was horrible. I now have a smaller (bookshelf sized) Polk Audio setup that blows the big Infinitys away (especially the sub). All that said, I think if I were to replace the Polks, I would go with JBL speakers next time around. Why? Because the vast majority of movie & music production studios do their mastering through JBL speakers. So if you want the sound in your home to match what the sound engineers intended as closely as possible, it makes sense to listen on the same speakers they were using when they  created the sound. Sure, there are better, more expensive speakers than JBL, but nothing will match the sound heard in the studio better than what was actually used in the studio.

Where did you heard that studio`s use a vast majority JBL speakers ???? Man someone feed you some real bad info for sure you never heard Genelec or K&K or Beringer .

Home Theater magazine.