Adding a 2nd xbox to the household

I have done some research and think I have this figured out just have a few other questions.

Background, oldest son just had his birthday and asked for a PS3 to go in his bedroom (I believe he asked for that since he knows he gets a set limit and a PS3 and games works with that). A X1 and games wouldn't. But I already have a X1 in the living room so if its possible for him to have use of the games (digital content) the X1 by itself would work in our budget if there was no need to buy games for it (or a lot of games anyway).

Now the way I understand it is for each live account you have a 'home' console that anyone (doesn't have to be signed into live or can be signed into their own live account) can play any of the games purchased/downloaded to it. In addition to that I can also take my account and sign into any X1 and have access to any content I have purchased.

So my plan would be to move the X1 with all the games currently on it to his bedroom, and set him up with a no live account (or his own live profile, but I would have to pay for that) and he can access all the games there.

I can then put the new X1 in the living room and just set it up to sign in with my live account and have access to and download any of the stuff I have purchased.

5 questions:

1. Does this sound like I have things right?

2. How does this work with games I used codes to redeem, i.e. the AC games that came in the bundle

3. I also have the EA Access, will this work like any other digital content?

4. Can we play the same game at the same time?

5. As far as disc games go I still am limited to playing just on one console per disc, correct?

Anyway any feedback would be helpful. I think he would be really happy to get a X1 instead of a PS3 especially if it can be bundled with all the games we already have on the other one.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

1. Sounds about right. His account would need to be a Live account, but with the Home setting you guys can share a gold subscription on that console too. So you would only need to pay for a subscription on your account.

2. It works the same as if you purchased them directly from the marketplace.

3. This one I'm not sure of

4. Yes.

5. Right. Since the discs still need to be in the drive, you would only be able to play on one console at a time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you, turns out there were a few PS exclusives that he really wanted, or most of his friends are on PSN, either way he declined the offer of an X1 and opted for the PS3, but whatever makes him happy. But least I have this info in case things change in the future.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.