Adam Orth doesn't get it

Hello!

I recently heard a rumor that Microsoft is still considering some type of always on internet connection requirement for the next XBOX console, then today I ran into this article from Adam Orth, "creative Director" at Microsoft:

http://www.cnet.com.au/xboxs-adam-orth-doesnt-get-always-on-concerns-339343874.htm

I realize that these quotes are from Adam's personal twitter site, but as a Microsoft Director his views represent the company and the postings regarding the always on requirement indicate a flippant, almost insulting arrogance regarding what many IT professionals see a hindrance and potential deal breaker for the next Xbox hardware purchase. I am aware that Microsoft's official policy is not to comment on rumors, but if these rumors are true and people like Adam are in charge over at Microsoft, they aren't giving me much incentive to want to purchase the next Xbox.

We've seen the fallout from the SimCity and Diablo 3 "Always on" requirements but apparently some managers/Directors over at Microsoft still see fit to move forward with this approach.

What do you all think? Is the backwards compaibility with your game library enough to purchase a potentially disastrous console? I guess we will see!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Also is there a way to change the subject of the messages after it is posted? I wanted to change the subject to Always on internet connection. Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.