Activision...Zero Sense of Humor

Back in July, IGN reported that the addresswww.modernwarfare3.com redirected people towww.battlefield.com/battlefield3, EA's official site for its upcoming shooter. 

Activision didn't get the joke, and took those who registered the address to court, where it had to provide evidence that the address was "confusingly similar" to its own trademark, that the previous owner had a lack of genuine interest in the usage of the address, and that they had used it in "bad faith". 
If you want to peruse the specifics of the case, you can read the specifics of the decision. 

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is out on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on November 8.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Try again next year with www.modernwarfare4.com ...

Edit: Haha i like the site.

i reckon they will see that coming or maybe not because Activision never learn

Lol at the new site. Good on them for taking it to Kotick!

The guys behind the prank site had some serious fun at the Expense of MW3 and Activison...same Activision like the sense of humor that they and others have shown about their little project, but so far the funniest send up and truest feelings the gaming industy has towards CoD on the whole is still.....

[view:[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7r9RqWBdl8]]

[quote user="makinmagic3"]

Try again next year with www.modernwarfare4.com ...

Edit: Haha i like the site.

[/quote]

LOL, they just never learn...

They must have a sense of humor. Either way, they're bound to be laughing at charging annual subscriptions for a glorified bungie.net-esque website. The DLC that you're supposed to get with Elite, as someone else said, will probably all be released AFTER the years subscription, making people fork out more money, lol.

God Bless the British sense of humor lol