Activision are giving away MW3 Content

I'm not sure what's wrong here.

What does Activision think it's doing bucking the trend of re-releasing the same old crap year after year?

Not only have they released the most polished multiplayer version to date... now they're giving away maps for free:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Free-to-Public-Erosion-Aground/0cb6edec-9ec2-48ca-a173-1eae0ca1fce1

It's nice to see at least one of the Publishing Giants offering value for money.

That's why I bought.

Az

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've been reading about this elsewhere aswell and alot of people think the timing is just right what with Ghost Recon out next week, probably trying to take some of the shine out of this release aswell.

[quote user="hobblejp"]

[quote user="PlatinumSpectre"]

Where on earth do you get your numbers from? CoD Elite is 4000MSP, or roughly £30 odd quid.

-

Also, does no one remember that they also gave away a free map in World at War? "Makin Day". (Albiet, it was just a single map and a re-skin at that)

[/quote]

Didn't they have a COD elite pay monthly option at like £5 a month ?

[/quote]

Not that I know off, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah there's a catch...you have to play MW3.

[quote user="PlatinumSpectre"]

Where on earth do you get your numbers from? CoD Elite is 4000MSP, or roughly £30 odd quid.

-

Also, does no one remember that they also gave away a free map in World at War? "Makin Day". (Albiet, it was just a single map and a re-skin at that)

[/quote]

Didn't they have a COD elite pay monthly option at like £5 a month ?

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

What does Activision think it's doing bucking the trend of re-releasing the same old crap year after year?

Not only have they released the most polished multiplayer version to date... now they're giving away maps for free:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Free-to-Public-Erosion-Aground/0cb6edec-9ec2-48ca-a173-1eae0ca1fce1

It's nice to see at least one of the Publishing Giants offering value for money.

That's why I bought.

Az

[/quote]

This was their plan all along, Damn Activision and them owning Blizzard thus influencing the Diablo 3 server issues, all to get people to play more MW3.

On a less stupid note;

This isn't some great new thing plenty of others have given out free maps before, this is by no means what an apology should look like after their "Oh we're giving back to the fans by making COD Elite its only £60 a year for it"

Will it be free on other platforms too.

Aren't they restricted to one game mode only for public matches? Can't complain when they cost nothing though.

[quote user="hobblejp"]

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

That's why I bought.

Az

[/quote]

This was their plan all along, Damn Activision and them owning Blizzard thus influencing the Diablo 3 server issues, all to get people to play more MW3.

On a less stupid note;

This isn't some great new thing plenty of others have given out free maps before, this is by no means what an apology should look like after their "Oh we're giving back to the fans by making COD Elite its only £60 a year for it"

[/quote]

-

Very nice. Shame I got bored of playing Call of Duty about 2 reskins ago.

The maps are for the new "Face Off" mode in the game...doubt even Activision would try to charge for just two maps lol