Achievements unlocked by friend's account, will lead to ban?

So my friend came to my house with his gamesave for Borderlands, but forgot his profile. I transferred the save to my account, and it unlocked all the ranking-up achievements at the same time. 
This won't lead to a ban, will it?
Clearly it shouldn't, there was no unfair practise involved. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 266 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think that it may lead to a ban, because you cannot just take someone else's save to unlock the achievements. There are more steps involved, but I won't get into that, as it counts as modding.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This wasn't the intention though. Microsoft never states that this would occur if someone used their save file on someone else's console.

Furthermore, it's spoilt the game for me, so it's not like I wanted to mod for the achievements - couldn't there be a 'disable achievements' mode for this sort of thing?

Sorry this didn't help.

As far as I'm aware, its not possible to use anybody elses saved game, a saved game is linked to a gamertag. . to use somebody elses save file you would have to get into modding and that is a permaban

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="corruption270"]

This wasn't the intention though. Microsoft never states that this would occur if someone used their save file on someone else's console.

Furthermore, it's spoilt the game for me, so it's not like I wanted to mod for the achievements - couldn't there be a 'disable achievements' mode for this sort of thing?

[/quote]

That's exactly my point. You cannot just take over someone's game save and unlock achievements. Some form of modding must have taken place, maybe without your knowledge?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know, he put his USB memory stick into my console, and it said 'save files'. Went into it.

Saved game - [character] level whatever. Didn't even copy it over, just went on Borderlands, selected 'read from memory drive (USB)' and it was there.

I may have uncovered a glitch, or he may have been playing with one of my characters from when I took my memory card over and left it by mistake. Either way, the save showed up on my Gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no way to use another gamertags game save without out side means being used. That might be the fault of your "friend".  You might want to ask them what they did to their save.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, I've just had a word with him now and he was using a savefile I used on my account but copied over to a USB memory stick for him to play on using my account offline. I'd signed in afterwards, so the achievements collected by 'me' offline didn't count, but the save file remained, thus leading to all the achievements being unlocked at once when the save was loaded.

So, my second question, I won't get auto-banned for this despite not doing anything wrong, just because the achievements all popped up at once?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unless I am wrong Achievements unlock even when your not online. There would just not be a date with them.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="corruption270"]

Oh, I've just had a word with him now and he was using a savefile I used on my account but copied over to a USB memory stick for him to play on using my account offline. I'd signed in afterwards, so the achievements collected by 'me' offline didn't count, but the save file remained, thus leading to all the achievements being unlocked at once when the save was loaded.

So, my second question, I won't get auto-banned for this despite not doing anything wrong, just because the achievements all popped up at once?

[/quote]

Oh that makes more sense now.

But that would depend on the game really. Say if it takes 100 hours to get to the maximum rank (more than a day) but for you, it would say that you too less than a day (because it all unlocked in a day), it would appear that something fishy went on.

So it depends on the methods the XBL PET uses to find cheaters/modders.

Sorry this didn't help.

i wouldn't be too worried about it. borderlands has alot of chevos that unlock for everone logged in at the time. a lot of other games do this as well. dungeon seige 3 is the latest one i encountered it.

Sorry this didn't help.