ACHEVEMENT REVOLUTION...

There needs to be a change with the achevement system... xbox made a nte profit of $6.63bn  from US so i think they should give a little back. The achevements so go towards microsoft points, also if you want to achieve 100% on some games you have achevements that are im multiplayer land were you need to buy with your hard earned cash these add on extras (*** THEY SAW US CUMMIN) so there should be two sets of achevements 1 for normal game play & 1 for online game play. Anyone out there agree???

SQUADY 250...... ADD ME FOR THE REVOLUTION.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="SQUADY 250"]

There needs to be a change with the achevement system... xbox made a nte profit of $6.63bn  from US so i think they should give a little back. The achevements so go towards microsoft points, also if you want to achieve 100% on some games you have achevements that are im multiplayer land were you need to buy with your hard earned cash these add on extras (*** THEY SAW US CUMMIN) so there should be two sets of achevements 1 for normal game play & 1 for online game play. Anyone out there agree???

SQUADY 250...... ADD ME FOR THE REVOLUTION.

[/quote]Don't have Kinect in your bedroom then.

They wont give you anything for gaining gamerscore because it is so easy to cheat. 

hello sandwich maker i ate your sandwich give me 10p

There are just too many flaws with that idea OP.

So, MS points for Gamerscore earned then is it? Grinding, boosting and profile modding immediately come to mind here.

Plus, the net-gain of MS from the last year (or whenever it is, you didn't state anything) will probably be invested in other things besides the Xbox, so MS will want to keep things as they currently are.

As far as rewarding gamers with MS points for GS goes, that's a pretty poor way in many respects to 'thank' the average gamer, which is why things like 'Xbox Rewards' are already in place. 

It's been tried before in the US a few years ago, and it was canned before it really took off.

-

Unless your revolution is spelling 'Achievement' without the 'i' from this day forward?

There a business, the idea is to make profit, not give all the money they make to customers.  I'm not very knowledgable on how businesses work  but i'm pretty sure most companies to use their profit for following costs into new products, ideas and growing, etc.  It's not like Microsoft just give $6 billion to employees to blow.

Anyway as people have said your idea has many flaws.  Also your "revolution" is several years too late, and it's not going to get very far seeing you can only get 100 people on your friends list for the "revolution".

As for two sets of achievements, i think it's pointless because i don't care about them.  While i enjoy earning gamerscore, it's a pointless number that has no significant effect on my life.

to be honest i dont care about getting achievements in games i play, but it is nice to hear that noise when it pops up.

it's cool the way the reposition it when you get an achievement during a text heavy cut scene

No i dont agree, theres already enough cheaters, modders and boosters out there without giving them an incentive.

As others have said, it would only give the modders/cheaters more reason to cheat!

Slightly off track, me and a friend was talking the other day and we were wondering with the next Xbox whether there will still be achievements, if there is will we carry them over from here or will everyone have to start again.

Also would you still want them? Personally when I started playing on the Xbox I guess I went out of my way sometimes to get them, nowadays I can take them or leave them so to speak but more so lately I kind of wish the next console doesn't have them at all, just go back to the days of playing games without any score connected to them.

Just my opinion.