ACCOUNT WAS HACKED!

My gamertag is: Short Sentence and my account has been accessed by someone outside of my home, and they spent 19.98$ on xbox live content with an no longer active credit card that was on my profile and I am suspended due to this. I REFUSE to pay this, and I wish for this fee to be cleared at once. Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If you believe the problem was due to lose of your account you need to call support and open an unauthorized access ticket.  They will investigate and provide the results to the PET team.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How did this "someone" manage to get your account?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've already called Xbox Customer support, they said theres nothing they can do so I guess I have to pay it. I need to make my password much harder I guess.

Sorry this didn't help.

Call them back and don't hang up until you get that unauthorised access claim opened.

Sorry this didn't help.

As above.  You seem to have gotten a lazy service rep.  If you want to open a claim they have to do it.  If they refuse as to speak with a supervisor.  Make sure to remember their name so you can tell the supervisor when you call back as I'm sure you'll "accidentally" get hung up on.

Sorry this didn't help.

I called Xbox and they said they would cancel any payment or refund me the money if it had already cleared. My bank said the payment for 2 lots of 5000MS PTS was pending. They made a note to say this was fraudulent and that I should keep in contact with MS regards the investigation. In the meantime my XBL account is suspended until the investigation is completed.

When it is I will demand my XBL Sub is removed, my card details taken off the account and then a new Sub issued free of charge.

I'm not sure hwo to refer this to the police but feel it must be reported because it's fraud.

Whatever happens I will not be paying for this as it's 100% down to a breach in security at MS or at EA.

Don't let them tell you there's nothing they can do. In the last 2-3 days this has been widespread and Xbox MUST be aware that a major breach of security has happened and that it is linked to EA and Fifa 12.

Don't let them off until they

a) re-assure that that you will not be charged aor that you will be refunded

b) inform you that they have setup an investigation. They will issue you a code when this is completed and give this code to the police.

Sorry this didn't help.

This has just happened to me. Someone has bought 6000 microsoft points using my account. I have reported it to Xbox Live and they are investigating. It can take up to 30 days.  The Live team assured me that they would refund me the £42.00 if they find in my favor which of course they will because I have been bloody hacked!  So I can't play online now for a month. Well I can but I will have to buy a months live card and create a new account.  

I don;t give out my details to anyone! Xbox Live must have been hacked. (I'm in the UK)

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh and I don't have Fifa. I did download the demo tho?? Perhaps this is the problem....

Sorry this didn't help.

The most widely spread rumor is that it is coming from the EA hack a few months ago but no one really knows. It has nothing to do with you downloading a demo, just FIFA team packs are one of the things they can buy and get refunded as codes to sell on the internet.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's getting more frequent... I keep asking for a secure way of purchase which would mean the accounts can be stolen but little else can be done when they're in. They couldn't use our payment cards, they couldn't spend points.... they could change your GT and password but it's a minor annoyance and would not mean losing your account for upto 6 months while they investigate the fraud. If MS do not do that we must all do what I did and remove your card details. some would have to remove auto renewal to do this

When MS cannot just help themselves to your money (especially if you haven't used your xbox for months and have forgotten about that money coming out) without sending you a nice email asking you to put your card details back in for them to syphon off funds they'll find a little safeguard is better than asking for money details.

Sorry this didn't help.