Account was banned - need to know why and I'm now double paying.

Hello,

My son's former account as banned from XBox live (not a console ban). He received a message saying "This account has been banned until 9999". We were never given any warning or reason why. From what I understand, you are to email us in the case that something like that happens. The last email I have received was from mid may, and those were promotion emails. I am still getting billed on my credit card and was even billed recently, 7/17. When I logged into this account online, it gave a name of "viewierbacchus3" and this has never been my son's account name. Also, when I logged in it said he has a free silver membership. Like I said before, my credit card is still being billed for a service he has not been able to use. Now he has had to start a new account which I had to put a new xbox live payment in. Therefore, not only am I paying for services not being rendered, I am paying again for a new membership (double payment for today to 8/17.

1. I need to know why my son's previous account was cancelled

2. I expect credit for the period of cancellation to the end of that particular billing cycle (I'm assuming 8/16)

3. since I have now purchased a new xbox live account, I expect that I will no longer be billed on the 17th for the old account. If this does occur, I have no choice but to escalate my claim.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

Hi there !

I am sorry to see this.

However, if an account has been suspended/banned, you will not get any credits or points as such in return for the time you have left on the account. And when a moderator or Xbox Support notices this post they will inform as to why your account has been cancelled. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Ryan M (DarkLink 900)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Viewer!
Suspended LIVE account's is solely handled by XBLPET (XBox Live Policy Enforcement Team). Please post your question here: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx And you will be helped by an agent.

Sorry this didn't help.

1 An email message _is_ sent to the email address on file for your son's account, whatever email address he supplied, which explained why the account has been permabanned.

2 If a user violates the Terms of Use or Code of Conduct, then that violation does not qualify the account holder for any refund or credit as per the Terms of Use, the agreement between the gamer and Xbox Live.

3 The billing date can be found by calling Xbox Customer Support. It's on the day of the month the account was created on, whenever that was.

And, this is really an issue for Forum 15, not Forum 02. You can see more information at Forum 15 about this subject.

Sorry this didn't help.